Main Article Content
Sepsis and septic shock patients have a chance to shock and death. Then, this research and development had aims to develop nursing care system of sepsis and septic shock and study outcome of nursing care system of sepsis and septic shock in Buddhachinaraj Phitsanulok Hospital between february to September 2019. Process of development have four steps. First, problem analysis and planning. Second, develop nursing care system by provide sepsis clinical nursing practice guideline (CNPG) and primary nursing service system. Third, conduct nursing care system of sepsis and septic shock to implementation. Forth, evaluation outcome of nursing care system of sepsis and septic shock. Analysis data with frequency, percent, mean, standard deviation and chi square test, t-test statistics. The result showed that post development mean of knowledge and competency practice follow CNPG-Sepsis were higher than pre development. Patients get to take hemoculture antibiotics intravenous fluid vasopressor and recovery organ dysfunction pre and post development were different with significant. Thus, administration nurse should take this nursing care system to nursing practice for sepsis and septic shock patients overall hospital to improve patients safety
2. Dellinger RP, Levy MM, Rhodes A, Annane D, Gerlach H, Opal SM, et al. Surviving sepsis campaign: International guidelines for management of severe sepsis and septic shock. Crit Care Med 2013;41(2):580-637.
3. Strategy and Planning Division, Ministry of Health. Health statistics. Bangkok: Strategy and Planning Division, Ministry of Health; 2018.
4. Ministry of Public Health. Health statistics [serial on the internet]. 2018 [cited 2018 Feb 12]. Available from: www.moph.go.th/
5. Strategy and Planning Division, Ministry of Health. Strategy nation planning twenty years in public health. Bangkok: Strategy and Planning Division, Ministry of Health; 2017.
6. Thiemsuwan Y, Malahom O, Indesuk T, Kwanchang P, Prasertsri N. The development caring system of critical sepsis patients by case management at Sunprasithtiprasong Hospital, Ubon Ratchathan. J Nurs Health Care 2017;35(1):184-93.
7. Briegel J, Mohnle P. Surviving sepsis campaign update 2018: the 1 h bundle; Background to the new recommendations/ Surviving Sepsis Campaign Update 2018. Der Anaesthesist [internet]. 2019 [cited 2019 Jun 22];68(4):204-8. Available from: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx? direct=true&db=edsgao&AN=edsgcl. 581998592&site=eds-live
8. Naeng Na Suwan V, Nomkusol J, Tongjam R, Panaput T. The development of nursing system for severe sepsis patients. J Nurs Health Care 2014;32(2):25-36.
9. Harnyoot O. Nursing process and implications. J Royal Thai Army Nurses 2014;15 (3):137-43.
10. Leonardi BC. Patient deterioration: Early warning signs [internet]. 2014 [cited 2019 Sep 19]. Available from: https://www.rn.com/ nursing-news/patient-deterioration-earlywarning- signs/
11. Champunot R, Permpikul C, Patjanasoontorn B, editors. Medical practice guidelines for severe sepsis and septic shock, 2015. Bangkok: The Thai Society of Critical Care Medicine; 2015.
12. Levy MM, Evans LE, Rhodes A. The Surviving Sepsis Campaign Bundle: 2018 update. Intensive Care Med [internet]. 2018 [cited 2019 Jun 22];44(6):925-29. Available from:http://search.ebscohost.com/login. aspx?direct=true&db=edsgao&AN=edsgcl.
13. Baig MA, Sheikh S, Hussain E, Bakhtawar S, Subhan Khan M, Mujtaba S, et al. Comparison of qSOFA and SOFA score for predicting mortality in severe sepsis and septic shock patients in the emergency department of a low middle-income country. Turk J Emerg Med [internet]. 2018 Dec 1[cited 2019 Apr 20];18(4):148-51. Available from:http://search.ebscohost.com/ login.aspx?direct=true&db=edselp&AN=S2452247318301341&site=eds-live
14. Doble MG. The new "Hour-One" sepsis bundle: Key takeaways and controversies [internet]. 2018 Jun 14 [cited 2019 Feb 12]. Available from: https://www.nursingcenter.com/ncblog/june-2018/hour-one-sepsisbundle
15. Aitken L, Schorr CA, Kleinpell R. Implications of the new international sepsis guidelines for nursing care. Am J Crit Care [internet]. 2013 [cited 2019 Jun 23];22(3):212-22. Available from: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edb&AN=87382416&site=eds-live
16. Canet E, Taylor DM, Khor R, Krishnan V, Bellomo R. qSOFA as predictor of mortality and prolonged ICU admission in Emergency Department patients with suspected infection. J Crit Care [internet]. 2018 Dec 1 [cited
2019 Jun 23];48(1):118-23. Available from:http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edselp& AN=S0883944118307688&site=eds-live
17. Rhee C, Brown SR, Jones TM, O Brien C, Pande A, Hamad Y, et al. Variability in determining sepsis time zero and bundle compliance rates for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services SEP-1 measure. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol [internet].2018 [cited 2019 Jun 23];39(8):994-96. Available from: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edsbl&AN=RN617858403&site=eds-live
18. Khwannimit B, Bhurayanontachai R, Vattanavanit V. Comparison of the accuracy of three early warning scores with SOFA score for predicting mortality in adult sepsis and septic shock patients admitted to intensive care unit. Heart Lung [internet]. 2019
May 1 [cited 2019 Jun 23];48(3):240-4. Available from: http://search.ebscohost. com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edselp&AN =S0147956318303340&site=eds-live
19. Marram G, Barrett MW, Bevis EO. Primary nursing: A model for individualized care. St. Louis: The CV Mosby; 1979.
20. Sangobon K, Seetalanuchit M. Development of a Primary Nursing Service System in the Intensive Care Unit of Saimai Hospital. EAU Heritage J Sci Technol 2015;9(3): 208-17.
21. Suranatchayanan P, Kenthongdee W, Kamonrat S. Nursing care system development for sepsis patients at Loei Hospital [internet]. J Nurs Health Care 2018;36(1):207-15.
22. Punvittayakool J, Maneeprai J. The development of care model for sepsis. J Nurs Divis 2018;45(1): 86-100.
23. Saengsanga P, Kiamkan N. Outcomes of using the clinical practice guidelines for patients with severe sepsis or septic shock care according to Sepsis Bundle Protocol at the ICU of Songkhla Hospital Thailand. Reg 11 Med J 2015;29(3):403-10.
24. Kowtrakool N. Effects of using a case management system to improve the quality of care for the sepsis patients in Sakaeo Crown Prince Hospital. Thai J Cardiothoracic Nurs 2014;25(2):120-34
25. Amphon K, Bunyoprakarn C, Sinkincharoen P. The outcomes of the development of the patients with septicemia, Prapokklao Hospital. J Prapokklao Hosp Clin Med Educat Center 2016;34(3):222-35.