Main Article Content
These study and development aimed to explore students’ problems and needs, develop the program, and evaluate the effectiveness of online fidelity simulation-based program (OFSP) in nursing care for patients with exacerbation of COPD. This study consisted of three phases: 1) Studying the problems and needs of learning in 12 participants by focusing group and data analyzing through content analysis, 2) Developing the OFSP. The CVI was .98. 3) the result of experimenting and studying OFSP. The instruments were questionnaires about knowledge and satisfaction. The CVIs of questionnaires were .83 and .94, respectively and the reliabilities were equal to .96 and .93, respectively. Then, Descriptive statistics and Paired t-test were used to analyze the data.
Result of study shows the students’problems in learning approach as follow:1) most of the student able to remember and understanding little of the study field, 2) the students were not confident in applying knowledge in real situations. The students’ needs composed of 1) require more time to learn, 2) need some easy access to learn materials anywhere, anytime, and enjoyable. The OFSP consisted of three phases: 1) Pre-Brief phase, 2) Scenario phase, and 3) Debriefing phase. According to participants’ knowledge scores, the post-test scores ( X= 9.57, SD = 1.46) were higher than the pre-test score ( X= 6.10, SD = 2.06) at p-value of .001. Moreover, participants reported the highest level of satisfaction on this program ( X= 4.35, SD = .61). Therefore, this program must be used in teaching and learning plan. Teacher should prepare the step to use the program in creating an effective teaching
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit Journal attribution-non-commercial 4.0 international (CC BY-NC 4.0). For more detail please visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ . The ideas and opinions expressed in the Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the editor .
2) Dechakupt, P. & Yindeesook, P. (2015). Learning management in the 21st century. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University Press. (in Thai)
3) Groom. J. A., Henderson, D. & Sittner, B. J. (2014). NLN/Jeffres simulation framwork state of science project: Simulation design characteristic. Clinical Simulation in Nursing. Retrieved December 10, 2017 from https://www.nursingsimulation.org/article/S1876-1399(13)00036-4/fulltext.
4) Jeffries, P. R., & Roger, K. U. (2007). Theoretical framework for simulation design. In P.R.
5) Jeffries (Eds), Simulation in nursing education: From conceptualization to evaluation, (First ed., pp. 21-33). New York, NY: Nation League of Nursing.
6) Khamanee, T. (2017). The Science of Teaching: Knowledge for an Effective Learning Process Management. Bangkok: Dansuntra Printing Company. (in Thai)
7) Kumkong, M., Leejareon, P., Aramrom, Y. & Jitviboon A. (2016). Effects of Simulation-Based
8) Learning on Perceived Self-Efficacy in Providing Nursing Care for Advanced Life Support to Patients with Critical Illness or Emergency Condition among Nursing Students. The Southern College Network Journal of Nursing and Public Health, 3(3), 52-64. (in Thai)
9) Liaw, S. Y., Scherpbier, A., Rethans, J. & Klainin-Yobas, P. (2012). Assessment for simulation learning outcome: A comparison of knowledge and self-reported confidence with observed clinical performance. Nursing Education Today, 32, 35-339.
10) Norkaeo, D. (2015). Simulation based learning for nursing education. Journal of Boromrajonani college of Nursing, Bangkok, 31(3), 112-122. (in Thai)
11) Sinthuchai, S., Ubolwan, K. & Boonsin, S. (2017). Effects of High-Fidality Simulation Based
12) Learning on Knowledge, Satisfaction, and Self-Confidence among the Fourth Year Nursing Students in Comprehensive Nursing Care Practicum. Ramathibodi Nursing Journal, 1(23), 113-127. (in Thai)
13) Sittipakorn, S., et al. (2018). Effects of High-Fidality Simulation Based Learning on Self-Confidence and Satisfaction among the 3rd Years Nursing Student in Faculty of Nursing Mahasarakham University. Mahasarakham Journal, 14(1), 600-609. (in Thai)
14) Srisaard, B. (2012). Research for Teacher. Bangkok; Suveriyasan. (in Thai)
15) Suwannakeeree, W., Jullmusi, J. & Tantkawanich, T. (2016). Simulation-Based learning Management for Nuring students. Journal of Nursing Science, Chulalongkorn University, 28(2): 1-14. (in Thai)
16) Wannakairoj, S. (2017). The meaning of learning by e-Learning. Retrieved December 16, 2017 from https://www.thai2learn.com. (in Thai)