Main Article Content
This research was quasi-experimental research with three-groups and pretest-posttest experimental design. The purposes for study of foot care program with herb among diabetic patients with Diabetes Mellitus type II.By study the behavior and numbness and compare knowledge, attitude and behavior on numbness in feetin Zai-Thong community hospital. First level diabetic patients were patients with numbness in feet, nowounds and visual analog scale the point equals to 2 , 89 cases. The sample group was selected with purposive sampling .Divide the experimental group received foot care program with herb,30 cases. The control group with warm ,31 cases. And the control group that have nursenormally , 28 cases. Care foot program with herbs,the conspiracy teaches, care foot handbook with herbs, care foot handbook with the water warms,herbs products, analyse the data by One-Way Repeated Measures ANOVA.
The findings indicated that 1) the experimental group received foot care program with herb usage has average score of knowledge, attitude and foot care behavior and numbness higher than pretest with statistical significance at the .05 level 2) average score attitude and behavior higher than the results of control groups with statistical significance at the .05 level 3) the experimental group with herb usage proved that numbness in feet has been decreasing after week that 4 and 12 different from week that 1 implily important statistical significant at .05 level. 4) for pair comparison, two different pairs: the group with herb usage and the group with warm water as well as the group with herb usage and the control groups. Meanwhile, no statistically significant difference was found between the group with warm water and the control group (p< .05). Summary and suggestion:foot care with herb helps decreasing numbness foot in the diabetic patients and no wounds or side effects found in patients using herbs. In a nutshell, this research encourages related person to further implement this foot care program with herbs in foot care program for diabetic patients with numbness foot in diabetic clinics.
Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit Journal attribution-non-commercial 4.0 international (CC BY-NC 4.0). For more detail please visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ . The ideas and opinions expressed in the Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the editor .
2) Churpan, S. (2007). Factors influencing foot care behaviors in patients with type 2. (Master’s thesis). Chonburi: Burapa University. (in Thai).
3) Dempsey, P. A. & Dempsey, A. D. (1992). Data collection. In P. A. Dempsey, & A. D.Dempsey (Eds.), Nursing research with basic statistical applications. Boston.
4) Khumsub, S. (2018). The effects of footbath with Thai’s herb to peripheral neuropathy and blood circulation in patient with diabetes mellitus type 2. In
5) International Conference Graduate School Conference .Bangkok: SuanSunandha Rajabhat university. (in Thai).
6) Krairach, T., Jaisue, D., Matayaputorn, N. Siripitakchai, C., & Boranon, K. (2013). The effects of treading on kaffir Lines in egg tray for healing the toe numb symptoms in elderly with diabetic neuropathy. Journal of Nursing and Education, 6(2), 64-72. (in Thai).
7) Munprasong, K. (2012). The effects of empowerment program on level of depression in elderly. (Master’s thesis). Phitsanulok: Naresuan University. (in Thai).
8) Ogden, J., Karim, L., Choudry, A., & Brown, K. (2006). Understanding successful behaviour change: the role of intentions, attitudes to the target and motivations and the example of diet. Health Education Research, 22(3), 397-405.
9) Op-une, K., &Lertsatitthanakorn, P. (2011). Development of foot massage cream containing ginger oil for foot numbness and pain relief in diabetic neuropathy patients. Isan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 7(1), 28-38. (in Thai).
10) Paiboonworachat, S. (2015). Pain assessment. Retrieved (2017, March 13) form http://www.medcmu.ac.th/dept/anes/2012 (in Thai).
11) Parasin, N. & Khumful, S. &Thammachai,A. (2017). Immediate effect of thaiberbal hot pack treatment on pain and lower back flexibility: apilot study. Phayao.
Songklanagarind Medical Journal,35(3), 221-228. (in Thai).
12) Panjasri, P. (2007). Effect of planed instruction and modeling on practice, knowledge and control of blood glucose levels of diabetic patients. (Master’s thesis). Phisanulok: Naresuan University. (in Thai).
13) Potisat, S. (2013). Diabetes education for self-management. Nonthaburi: Institute of Medical Research and Technology Assessment. (in Thai).
14) Pragodpol, P. (2014). Study of the effect of acupressure massage with essential oils from bergamot and rollers on loss of sensation and numbness at the tip of the toe of diabetic patients. Retrieved (2017, March 13) form www.http://administer.pi.ac.th/uploads/eresearcher/upload (in Thai).
15) Reungthip, D. (2009). Effect of a diabetic foot care promotion program on rerceived self-efficacy for foot care and foot care behaviors among type 2 diabetic patients in a community hospital.(Master’s thesis). Bangkok: Thammasat University. (in Thai).
16) Tagrudjam, K. (2013). Outcomes of diabetic foot care coaching program for family caregiver with diabetic retinopathy patient (Master’s thesis). Chonburi: Burapa University. (in Thai).
17) Thanomsiang, N. (2017). Population and sample group. Retrieved (2017, March 13), from www.http://home.kku.ac.th/niko. (in Thai).
18) Thattanongchit, S. (2012). Effects of herbal foot bath in diabetic patients with foot numbness Sam Ngao hospital, Tak province. Nonthaburi: Kanchanabhishek Institute of Medical and Public Health Technology. (in Thai).
19) Trakulkarn, A. (2011). Effect of foot care program to foot care knowledge and behavior of older persons with diabetes mellitus type 2. Khonkan: Khonkan University. (in Thai).
20) World Health Organization. (2016). Diabetes. Retrieved (2017, March 13), form http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/.../1/0/9789241565257_eng.pdf