Main Article Content
This predictive correlation research aimed to examine factors predicting resilience among nursing students at Boromarajonani Nursing College, Uttaradit. A total of 232 undergraduate nursing students were recruited. A data was collected using the following questionnaires: 1) the demographic data 2) the resilience inventory 3) the Thai-stress test and 4) the peer relationship questionnaire. Data were analyzed by using descriptive statistics and stepwise multiple regression. The results revealed that the peer relationship, stress, and income could jointly explain 37.3 percentages of the variance of resilience in undergraduate nursing students (p < .01). For each of factors was statistically significant as follows: the peer relationship (β = .537, p < .01), stress (β = -.191, p < .01) and income (β = .146, p < .01). The equation of predictor was presented below : Z(resilience)= .537Z peer relationship) - .191Z (stress) + .146Z (income)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit Journal attribution-non-commercial 4.0 international (CC BY-NC 4.0). For more detail please visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ . The ideas and opinions expressed in the Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the editor .
2) Areemith, R., Inaew, S., Manaboriboon. B., Hongsangunsri. S. & Jaruratsirikul. S. (2016). Textbook of Adolescent Medicine. Nontaburi: Pabpim.
3) Nintachan. P. (2015). Resilience: concept, assessment, and application. Bangkok: Judthong. (in Thai)
4) Nintachan. P., Taweekoon, T., Wittayasuprom, J., & Orathai P. (2011). Resilience and stress among nursing students at Ramathibodi School of Nursing. The Journal of Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health, 25(1), 1-13. (in Thai)
5) Nintachan. P., Thanoi. W., Sangon. S., Pattanamas, M & Intharaksa, C. (2017). Factors predicting resilience in underprivileged adolescents. The Journal of Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health, 31(1), 13-28. (in Thai)
6) Nintachan. P., Wanaleesin, S., Sanseeha, L., Thummathai, K. & Orathai, P. (2011). Resilience and Thai youth risk behavior. Ramathibodi Nursing Journal, 17(3),430-442. (in Thai)
7) Pichayakorn Sripakho. (2014). Professional nursing development: developing nursing leadership. Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses, 15(3), 1-8. (in Thai)
8) Rittakananon, P., (2007). Human development. Bangkok: Thammada press. (in Thai)
9) Sagon, S., Nintachan. P., & Kingkaew, J. (2018). Factors Predicting Resilience in Nursing Students. The Journal of Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health, 32(1), 150-167. (in Thai)
10) Samarksavee. N. & Sangon. S. (2015). Factors associated with depression in nursing students.
11) The Journal of Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health, 29(3), 11-27. (in Thai)
12) Seehawong. S., et.al. (2018). Factors causing to stress of nursing students, Ubon Ratchathani University. HCU Journal of Health Science, 21(42), 93-106. (in Thai)
13) Sethaphumirin, (2012). Stress and resilience of nursing student experience in training nursing clinical practice. College of Asian Scholars Journal, 2(1), 40-45. (in Thai)
14) Sonpaveerawong, J., Dammee, M., Nimsuwan, J., Mad-a-dam, C., Laiadkan, S. & Sopon, S. (2016). Stress, Stress management and the need to supports nursing students. Journal of Nursing and Education, 9(3), 36-50. (in Thai)
15) Srisomboon, P., Damrongsat, P., Peantunyakam, N. & Arttham, W. (2019). Effects of using preparation program by flipped classroom before undertaking nursing practicum on stress and assertiveness for nursing professional
16) Characteristic of Nursing Students. Journal of Health Research and Innovation, 2(1), 196-207. (in Thai)
17) Tantalanukul, S., & Wongsawat, P., (2017). Stress and stress management in nursing students. Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit Journal, 9(1), 81-92 (in Thai)
18) Wongkhan, M., Nintachan. P. & Sangon. S., (2015). Factors related to resilience in adolescents. The Journal of Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health, 29(1), 57-75. (in Thai)
19) Yodthong, S., Sanee, N. & Chansungnoen, J. (2018). Stress and coping among nursing students in principles and nursing techniques practicum, Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Trang. The 9th Hatyai National and International Conference: 761-772. (in Thai)