Main Article Content
The purpose of this predictive research was to study the factors affecting protection of sexual risk behaviors among high school students in Banklang subdistrict, Wangthong district, Phitsanulok province. The subjects were 230 high school students in Banklang subdistrict. The data were collected by using questionnaires with Cronbach’s Alpha Coefficient of .70 – .87. The data were analyzed for frequency, percentage, mean, standard deviation, Pearson Product Moment Correlation Coefficient, Eta coefficient and Stepwise Multiple Regression Analysis.
The results revealed that Perceived efficacy to protect sexual risk behaviors (β = .517, p < .001), teacher supervision (β = .143, p = .009), alcohol drinking behavior (β = -.118, p = .03) and financial support from parents (β = -.112, p = .04) could predict the protection of sexual risk behaviors among high school students for 35.7 %.
It is recommended that students should be encouraged the perceived efficacy to protect sexual risk behaviors by public health authorities in order to promote the protection of sexual risk behaviors. They should be closely supervised by teachers. Alcohol-control policies and strategies on students' drinking should be enforced. Besides, the parents should control the financial support for their children
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit Journal attribution-non-commercial 4.0 international (CC BY-NC 4.0). For more detail please visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ . The ideas and opinions expressed in the Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the editor .
2) Boonnarakorn, S. (2008). Enhancing health throughout the ages by holistic health. Songkhla: Temkanpim. (in Thai)
3) Bunyat, K. (2013). Influence of parenting style, sexual communication and parental monitoring on sexual behavior among early adolescents (Master’s thesis). Burapha University, Chon Buri. (in Thai)
4) Bureau of Reproductive Health, ministry of Public Health. (2015). Reproductive health situation in adolescents 2015. Nonthaburi: Ministry of Public Health. (in Thai)
5) Butcharoen, W. (2011). Factors related to sexual risk behaviors among secondary school students (Master’s thesis). Mahidol University, Bangkok. (in Thai)
6) Chaysree, L. (2010). Factors influencing sexual risk-taking behavior among high school students, Prachuapkhirikhan province (Master’s thesis). Mahidol University, Bangkok. (in Thai)
7) Chidnayee, S. & Yottavee, W. (2018). Factors related with smoking behaviors of youth at Uttaradit. Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit Journal, 10(1), 83-93. (in Thai)
8) Dulitha, F., Nalika, G., Upul, S., Chrishantha, W. M., De Alwis, S. R., Hemantha, S., & Chithramalee, D. S. (2013). Risk factors for teenage pregnancies in Sri Lanka: perspective of a community based study. Health Science Journal, 7(3), 269-284.
9) Jamyoo, N. (2013). Predictors of sexual risk behavior from internet use among high school students in an Eastern Province. Journal of education Burapha University, 24(1), 144-157. (in Thai)
10) Katumarn, P. (2017). Adolescence development. Retrieved (2017, September 15) from https://www.psyclin.co.th/new_page_56.htm. (in Thai)
11) Panharach, S. (2013). Familial sexual socialization and sexual risk behaviors of adolescents in the upper northeastern region (Doctor’thesis) .Ramkhamhaeng University, Bangkok. (in Thai)
12) Phanjiraphak, W. (2011). Effects of an exercise program on health promotion among elderly women in Samutprakan province (Master’s thesis). Burapha University, Chon Buri. (in Thai)
13) Phetphum, C. (2017). Health behavior: Concept Theories and applied knowledge. Phitsanulok: Naresuan University. (in Thai)
14) Phitsanulok Provincial Public Health Office, Ministry of Public Health. (2017, September 15). Health data system: Percentage of women younger than 20 years repeatedly pregnancy. Retrieved from https://plk.hdc.moph.go.th/hdc/reports/report.php?source=pformated/format1.php&cat_id=1ed90bc32310b503b7ca9b32af425ae5&id=4f7d8042 fb0a064b25f29a48f6ccd23f . (in Thai)
15) Phoochaemchot, P. (2011). Development guideline to prevent sexual risk behaviors among adolescent (Master’s thesis). Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen. (in Thai)
16) Powwattana, A. & Auemaneekul, N. & Lagampan, S. (2017). risk behaviors prevention in adolescence: concepts and management in multilevel approach. Bangkok: Danex Intercorporation. (in Thai)
17) Puntang, P. (2014). Factors influencing intention to prevent sexual risk behaviors of female secondary school student under the department of general education, the secondary educational service area office 2 in Chonburi Province (Master’s thesis). Burapha University, Chon Buri. (in Thai)
18) Sangburan, C. (2008). Parenting styles and sexual communication between mothers and early adolescent daughters on sexual behavior among female early adolescent Bangkok Metropolis (Master’s thesis). Mahidol University, Bangkok. (in Thai)
19) Sangpraseart, A. Klayjun, P. & Masuk kampheangjinda, P. (2014). The relationship between perceived self - efficacy and postpartum self – care behaviors in adolescent mothers. Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit Journal. 6(1), 1-11. (in Thai)
20) Songcharoen, J. (2010). Factors related to attitudes about sexual behaviors of Thai adolescents: case study Ekawit Onnuch School of Business Administration Bangkok (Master’s thesis). Kasetsart University, Bangkok. (in Thai)
21) Taikanong, K. (2011). The factors influencing the intention of sexual risk behavior among high school students (Master’s thesis). Christian University of Thailand, Bangkok. (in Thai)
22) Tansakul, J. & Usaho, C. & Siribanpitak, P. (2017). Teacher development to enhance desirable characteristics of primary school students. Journal of Education Studies, 45(4), 1-17. (in Thai)
23) Unchai, S. (2013). Factors influencing preventive sexual relation skills among junior high school students in Thatphanom district, Nakhonphanom province (Master’s thesis). Burapha University, Chon Buri. (in Thai)