Main Article Content
This cross sectional research was to study smoking behaviors and factors relating smoking of youth at Uttaradit. Samples were 898 students from high school and vocational certificate in Uttaradit. Data were collected by using smoking behaviors questionnaire and were analyzed by using descriptive statistic and Chi-square. The result: The prevalence of smoking in adolescent was 12.25 percent, males 10.03%, females 2.79%. The percentage of sample used to smoking was 38.08 percent because they want to try it (26.39%). The mean age of smoking subjects was 13.43 yrs (SD=2.22) .The cost of smoking per month was 309.08 Baths (SD=4.77). Most of them smoked at home (48.78%) and older sibling smoking (36.08%). The factors related with smoking behaviors were gender, age, level of education, location of school, persuade from close friend who smoke, and stay among smoker. These factors had statistic significantly relationship with smoking behaviors (p<.05).
Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit Journal attribution-non-commercial 4.0 international (CC BY-NC 4.0). For more detail please visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ . The ideas and opinions expressed in the Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the editor .
2. Center for alcohol studies. (2011). Provincial alcohol report 2011. Nonthaburi: The graphic - systems- co-ltd. (in Thai)
3. Jankaew,J., Homsin, P., & Srisuriyawet, R. (2018). Factors related to smoking Initiation among male students in lower secondary schools, Pathum Tani. Journal of Nursing Science Chulalongkorn university, 27(2),99-109. (in Thai)
4. Junnual, N. & Suebsamran, P. (2016). The situation of smoking behavior among staff and students at Ubon Ratchathani university: smoke free Ubon Ratchathani University project. Journal of Science and Technology, Ubon Ratchathani university, 18(2): 1-10. (in Thai)
5. Krungkraipetch,L. & Krungkraipetch,K. (2017). Factor affecting Smoking behavior of undergraduate students in Burapha university. Burapha Medical Journal,4(1), 21-30. (in Thai)
6. Matsee, C. & Warawichit,C. (2017). Promotion of health literacy: From concept to practice. Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit Journal. 9(2),97-111. (in Thai)
7. National statistical office, ministry of Information and Communication technology.(2014). The smoking and drinking behaviour survey 2014. Bangkok: Text and Journal Publication. (in Thai)
8. Petchlek,P., Suwanvala, S.& Tiparat, W.(2016). Factors influencing the behavior of health promotion principles of national health in personal hygiene of primary school students in Trang province. Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit Journal. 8(2), 47 - 59. (in Thai)
9. Pitayarangsarit, S., Chotbenjamaporn, P., & Pankrajang, P. (2016). The summary of tobacco control in Thailand (2016). Bangkok: Charoendeemankhong Printing. (in Thai)
10. Phon-In, K., Ingathawornwong ,T., & Kritcharoen, S. (2008). Sexual risk behavior among male adolescents at high school. Songkla: Faculty of Nursing, Prince of Songkla University. (in Thai)
11. Sattapong,C., Kusol,K.,Aekwarangkoon,S., & Junlapeeya, P.(2010). Health risk behaviors among adolescents in Nakhon Si Thammarat province. Journal of Nursing and Education, 3(3): 51-63. (in Thai)
12. Sirirassamee,T., Sirirassamee,B., Borland,R., & Fong, G.T.(2009). Risk factors of tobacco use among Thai adolescents: Finding from international tobacco control policy survey southeast asia (ICT-SEA). Journal of Medicine Association Thai. 92 (Suppl 3): S4-8. (in Thai)
13. Sirirassamee, T., Sirirassamee, B., Holumyong, C, Jampaklay, A., Gainrote,P., & Konkaew,T. (2013). Impact of point-of-sale tobacco display bans in Thailand, among Thai adolescents wave 5 (2012): Finding from international tobacco control (ITC) Southeast Asia Survey. Nakhon Pathom: Institute for population and social research, Mahidol university. (in Thai)
14. Thonglua,K. (2007). Factors relating to smoking behavior among male Vocational Education students Samut Songkhram province. Master of science (Health Education), Health education, department of physical education, Kasetsart university. (in Thai)