Main Article Content
This research aimed to 1) investigate the knowledge of nursing students in patient safety and 2) examine the patient safety in nursing practice of nursing students from Baromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit. The samples included 160 of the third and fourth year nursing students of Baromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit selected by the proportional stratified random sampling. The instrument used in this study was the questionnaire in order to determine the knowledge in patient safety of nursing students with the content validity at .82. The data was analyzed using descriptive statistics. The results showed that knowledge and nursing practice based on patient safety among the nursing students could be interpreted as high level ( = 4.35, SD = .07 and = 4.50, SD = .13).
Based on the findings of this research, nursing instructors should provide teaching and learning activities, especially in fundamental nursing, focusing on nursing students’ awareness and the clinical practice emphasizing on patient safety.
Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit Journal attribution-non-commercial 4.0 international (CC BY-NC 4.0). For more detail please visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ . The ideas and opinions expressed in the Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the editor .
2. Cronbach, L. J. (1970). Essentials of psychological testing (3rd ed.). New York: Harper & Row.
3. Infection prevention and control services. (2015). Operational manual for infection control in hospitals. Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol Universuty. (in Thai)
4. Ketvatimart, M., Pulom, N., Chuencham, J. &Phanpom, C (2016). The development of promoting competency model of risk Management and patient safety care among nursing students, Boromarajajonani College of Nursing, Saraburi. Journal of Nursing and Education, 9 (4), 74-89. (in Thai)
5. Na Nakorn, C. & Bunlikitkul, T. (2013). Ability in caring for clients with wounds among 2nd year nursing students in the practicum of the fundamentals of nursing, The Thai Red Cross College of Nursing. Thai Red Cross Nursing Journal, 6(1), 34-47. (in Thai)
6. Pattaramongkolrit, S. (2014). Patient safety. Department of surgical nursing, Faculty of nursing, Mahidol University. (in Thai).
7. Picheansathian, W., Dumrongkullachar, D., Wongsaen, R., Kaveevon, T., Koonna, A. & Netsawang, P. (2014). Promoting evidence-based practices among Nurses in the management of Peripheral intravascular devices. Nursing Journal, 41 (Supplement November), 71-87.
8. Promdongdee, N., Siriphanyakhun, P. & Sirivanasandha, B., (2014). Incidence ofearly peripheral venous catheter replacement in surgical patients. Journal of Health Science, 23(3), 453-463. (in Thai)
9. Senadisai, S. (Ed.). (2009). Basic nursing: concepts and practices. (2nd ed.). Bangkok: Judthong. (in Thai).
10. Srisa-ard, B. (2013). Basic research. (9th Edition). Bangkok : Suweeriyasan. (in Thai).
11. Thatan, S. & Yana, A. (2009). Perception of nursing students on their nursing skills and their professional attitudes after their first clinical practice, Boromrajonani College of Nursing, Phayao. Phayao : Boromrajonani College of Nursing, Phayao. (in Thai).
12. The Joint Commission. Nursing Care Center: National Patient Safety Goals 2015. Online 2015. Available From http://www.jointcommission.org/ standards_information/npsgs.aspx/
13. The Healthcare Accreditation Institute (Public Organization). (2013). Accreditation is an educational process. Bangkok: The Healthcare Accreditation Institute (Public Organization).
14. Thongthip, S. & Chalongsuk, R. (2014). Professional nurses’ knowledge and practice for patient safety goal, (SIMPLE Indicators) at Pranandklao Hosital, Nonthaburu Province. Thai Bulletin of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 9(2), 18-32.
15. Wanchaitanawong, W., Yottavee, W. & Chaiwongnakkapun, C. (2018). Development of awareness in values of life for nursing students. Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit Journal, 9 (2), 112-127. (in Thai)