Main Article Content
Future changes of human society in the 21st century that advanced towards the digital society affects the students’ learning process in terms of enhancing the transformative learning experiences. This process focuses on learning the value system by looking through oneself in which involves not only learning the truth of what was happening around one’s social and cultural context, but also the revision of concept and thought that shape one’s conscience based on the correct principles. In addition, the metaphorical interaction of the learners’ context, past experiences and new experiences could lead to an understanding of themselves as a whole and fostering self-confidence and self-reliance including fully
appreciate the meaning of life.
The transformation of teaching and learning process in the society of the 21st century,role of the teacher should be changed to a consultant who designs the learning process and facilitates the students learning on their own through self-research and self-practice. The teacher also acts as a mentor and designs learning activities that allow each student to assess the progress of his/her learning experiences with information technology. The instructor or facilitator needs to give priority on the student’s personality, behaviors and past experiences that leads to the new learning experiences. Teachers also require adjusting their roles from teaching to designing the learning process.
Advances in the academic and evolution of communication and information technology tools makeknowledge spread and open more awareness, reach, and communicate with each other. The teacher needs to learn together with the students and paradoxically reflects the students’ previous learning experiences and new learning experiences based on empirical data and evidence from information technology. Besides, they ought to assist and give guidance to the students with information technology. In addition, the teachers should learn along with the students and ponder the past experiences and the new experiences with empirical evidence and data from information technology.
Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit Journal attribution-non-commercial 4.0 international (CC BY-NC 4.0). For more detail please visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ . The ideas and opinions expressed in the Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Uttaradit are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the editor .
2. Brahmawong, C. (1980). “Instruction Media System” In technology and communication education. Bangkok: Agricultural Cooperative Federationof Thailand. (in Thai)
3. Chitmittraphap, S. (2010). Changing world of 21st century learning and development into “Professional teacher” Cited in Laksaneeyanavin S. (Eds). (2010). Transformative Learning.
Association of Professional Development Teachers and Higher Education Organizations of Thailand. Office of the Higher Education Commission, Ministry of Education (inThai)
4. Chuengsatiansup, K. (2014). Transformative Learning as Cited in Chaemchan L., Boonchuey R. and Intrasing S. (2014). Transformative Learning: Lesson Learned from nursing education.Journal of Nursing, Ministry of Public Health, 24 (3), 1-14.(in Thai)
5. Kitchenham, A. (2008). The evolution of John Mezirow’s transformative learning theory. Journal of transformative education, 6 (2), 104 – 123.
6. Mezirow, J. (2000). Learning as transformation: Critical perspectives on a theory inprogress. The Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series: ERIC.
7. Mezirow, J. (2003). Transformative learning as discourse. Journal of transformative Education, 1(1), 58-63.
8. Mezirow, J., Taylor, Edward W., and Associates. (2009). Transformative Learning in Practice: Insights from Community, Workplace, and Higher Education. San Francisco, CA.: Jossey-Bass.
9. O’ Sullivan. (2002). Transformative Learning: Lesson Learned fromfrom nursing education. Journal of Nursing, Ministry of Public Health, 24 (3), 1-14.(in Thai)
10. Panich, V. (2011). The way to create learning for students in the 21st century, Retrievedfrom https://www.noppawan.sskru.ac.th/data/ learn_c21.pdf (in Thai)
11. Ratanamongkolkul S. (2014). Transformative Learning From experience sharing with learning network for change for medical education in Thailand.Thammasat Medical Journal, 14(4), 489-491.(in Thai)
12. Thomas, M. (2008).Handbook of Research on Web 2.0 and Second Language Learning.New York : Hershey.
13. Wongkritrungruang, W. (2015). From world to Thailand, a new direction of learning into the 21st century, Retrievedfromhttps:// thaipublica.org / 2015 / 03 /education-forthe-future_1 (in Thai).