Main Article Content
This descriptive study aimed: (a) to examine the ability of time management; and (b) to compare the differences of time management among nursing students. Participants consisted of 413 nursing students of Boromarajonani College of Nursing (BCN), Suphanburi. Research instrument was the ability of time management questionnaire consisting of 6 domains as follows: 1) analysis of problems with time, 2) goal of their lifestyle, 3) planning time, 4) implementation of the plan as placed, 5) time evaluation and improvement plan, and 6) spend time and fix time-consuming activities. The questionnaire’s content validity was determined by experts. Cronbach alpha reliability were as follows: .715, .860, .875, .624, .866, and .870, respectively. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, Chi-Square, and Kruskal-Wallis H test.
Results showed that the ability of time management of nursing students in BCN, Suphanburi was at the moderate level (μ= 3.48). The goal of their lifestyle was at the high level (μ = 3.61). Planning time, the implementation of the plan was placed, time evaluation and improvement plan, and spend time and fix time-consuming activities, and analysis of problems with time were at the moderate level (μ = 3.56, μ = 3.50, μ = 3.49, μ = 3.36, and μ = 3.32, respectively). There was significant difference in age in term of the ability of time management (X2= 18.600; p <.05) (Kruskal-Wallis H test). Nursing students in higher years reported considerably greater ability in time management compared to nursing students
in lower years counterpart (X2= 18.738; p <.001) (Chi - Square). Our findings showed that nursing students have the ability to manage time and solve problems with minimal time spent. The educational institutions can use the findings of the study as an empirical information to encourage time management skills among nursing students.
บทความที่ได้รับการตีพิมพ์ เป็นลิขสิทธิ์ของวารสารวิจัยสุขภาพและการพยาบาล (วิทยาลัยพยาบาลบรมราชชนนี กรุงเทพ) ไม่สามารถนำไปตีพิมพ์ซ้ำในวารสารฉบับอื่น
2. Sinsawad P, Pittard B. Quality of life of nursing student at Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Ratchaburi. Journal of Nursing and Education 2014;7(1):97-108. (in Thai).
3. Lokam P. Time Management Capabilities of Undergraduate Students at Srinakharinwirot University. Master thesis. M.Ed. (Higher Education). Bangkok: Graduate School, Srinakharinwirot University; 2012. (in Thai).
4. Sonpaveerawong J, Dammee M, Nimsuwa J, Mad-a-dam C, Laiadkan S, Sopon S. Stress, stress management and the need to supports nursing students. Journal of Nursing and Education 2016;9(3):36-50. (in Thai).
5. Yamsri T, Toonsiri C, Leelukkanaveera Y. Factors predicting exercise behaviors among nursing students in Boromarajonani College of Nursing, The North Eastern Region Network. Journal of Nursing and Health Care 2017;35(2):158-68. (in Thai).
6. Chalermputipong S. Leisure education to promotion to promotion quality of life. Journal of Faculty of Physical Education 2011;14(2):10-21. (in Thai).
7. Munsrakate R, Aphateeraphong W, Tantasuwana W. The need of students activities in Boromarajonani College of Nursing Nakhon Ratchasimas nursing student. Thai Dental Nurse Journal 2012;23(2):20-31. (in Thai).
8. Khamwong W, Plangpongpan S, Yamboonruang T. The relationships between levels of stress, causes of stress and stress management in nursing students of nursing colleges under the jurisdiction of Praboromarajchanok Institute for Health Workforce Development. Journal of health science research 2016;10(1):78-87. (in Thai).
9. Waichompu N, Musigawan A, Kraonual S. Time Management Abilities of Nursing Students in Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Yala. Eau Heritage Journal Social Science and Humanity 2019;9(1):296-306. (in Thai).
10. Summawaja S. Time management and time use of nursing students. Thai Journal of Nursing 1998;47(4):299-312. (in Thai).
11. Sayyasri N, Wongwanich S. A devlopment of time management skill evaluation checklists and time management techniques for student. An Online Journal of Education 2012;7(1):2028-41. (in Thai).
12. Stabundamrong. Time Management. Bangkok: Stabundamrong Ministry of Interior; 2010. (in Thai).
13. Kaya H, Kaya N, Öztürk AP, Küçükb L. Assessing time-management skills in terms of age, gender, and anxiety levels: A study on nursing and midwifery students in Turkey. Nurse Education in Practice 2012;12:284-8.
14. Lertsakornsiri M. The Stress, stress management of nursing students during practice in the labor room. Kuakarun Journal of Nursing 2015;22(1):7-16. (in Thai).
15. Krisanarungson E. The purposed to study the behavior time management of student in Suan Sunandha Rajabath University. Bangkok: Research and Development Suan Sunandha Rajabath University; 2012.
16. Tubtim A, Suriyasasin S. A study of problems of nursing students Royal Thai Army Nursing College (Internet). Bangkok: Ramkhamhaeng University; 2017 (cited 12 Nov. 2018) Available from: http://www.edu-journal.ru.ac.th/index.php/abstract Data/ viewIndex/ 1735.ru.
17. Lokawit K. Time management of nursing students Pathumthani University. Pathumthani University Academic Journal 2011;3(1):27-36. (in Thai).
18. Auratanamanee S, Leartsumrarn S, Wongsrinat J, Saingtong K, Rawang A. Stress of Undergraduate Nursing Students, Collage of Nursing and Health, Suan Sunandha Rajapbhat University. Proceedings of the 4th Suan Sunandha Academic National Conference on Research for SustainableDevelopment;
2016 Aug 26; Bankkok, Thailand; 2016. 573-9.
19. Sunsawad N. Setting Goals of Life and Work. Journal of Information 2015;14(2):21-36. (in Thai).