Main Article Content
Dermatitis is a common skin disease caused by inflammation of the skin. There are many of dermatitis treatment formulas were recorded in many scriptures of Thai Traditional medicine. The systematic review of dermatitis treatment formulas was not studied. The objective of this study is compilation and analyzing dermatitis treatment formulas from 6 scriptures of Thai Traditional medicine and selecting the formulas that have the appropriate performance for future development.
The results, 378 dermatitis treatment formulas were found in 6 selected scriptures. In this number has 195 formulas was defined as external uses. In the number of external use formulas has 32 formulas that have all known and available components. Only 3 formulas from 32 formulas were completely recorded the quantity of each component. These 3 formulas are the formulas that can be prepared and kept as the finished preparation. There are the dermatitis treatment formulas that have the appropriate performance for developing in research aspects and developing to be the future medication for treating dermatitis in patients.
2. Picheansoonthon C, Tiyaworanant S, Jirawongse V. The Handbook of Thai Traditional Pharmacy Vol. 6. Pharmacy. Bangkok: Amarin; 2013. 422 p. [in Thai]
3. Division of Intellectual Protection of Thai Traditional Medicine. The scripture of Phra Narai's element Bailan edition (Textbook of Phra Narai’s medicine). Bangkok: The War Veterans Organization of Thailand Under Royal Patronage of His majesty the King Printing; 2012. [in Thai]
4. Tiyaworanant S, Picheansoonthon C. Textbook of medicine on marbles inscriptions of Wat Ratchaosaram Ratchaworawihan and 5 missing marble inscriptions. Khonkean: KKU Printing; 2016. [in Thai]
5. Traditional Medical School. Textbook of medicine on marbles inscriptions of Wat Phra Chetuphon Wimon Mangkhalaram (Wat Pho). [n.p.: n.p.; n.d.]. [in Thai]
6. Division of Intellectual Protection of Thai Traditional Medicine and Thai Folk Medicine. King Rama II's textbook Thai traditional medical wisdom textbooks conservation issue. Bangkok: Keawjawjorn Printing & Publishing Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University; 2016. [in Thai]
7. Document Processing and Archives Committee. The Royal Textbook of Medicine, King Rama V, Volumes 1-3. Bangkok: Amarin Printing and Publishing Public Company Limited; 1999. [in Thai]
8. Medical wisdom and the literary heritage of the nation. Phaet Sat Songkhro textbook. Bangkok: Business Organization of The Teachers' Council of Thailand; 1999. [in Thai]
9. Panngam W, Suriyakrai S, Tiyaworanant S. Collection of Thai traditional wound healing formulas. In: 6th Suan Sunandha Academic National Conference on Research for Sustainable Development 2017. Sustainable Development Research; 2017 June 22-23; Bangkok, Bangkok: [n.p.]; 2017. p 173-180. [in Thai]
10. Panngam W, Suriyakrai S, Sangkhamanon S, Tiyaworanant S. Volume Calibration of “Tha-Nan” and the Effects in the Efficacy on Drugs Preparation. Journal of Thai Traditional & Alternative Medicine 2018; 16: 22-32. [in Thai]
11. Pangsing R. The Effects of Thai formulas WP255/2 in diabetic foot ulcer patients: Pilot study [Master Thesis in Aesthetic Sciences and Health]. Khon Kaen: The Graduate School, Khon Kaen University; 1998. [in Thai]