Main Article Content
The Sun is the center of energy of the Solar system. The Samudhana Vinijjaya scripture describes various zodiac signs which are connected to the Sun’s position at a particular date. People born under a particular zodiac sign are then associated with certain conditions, such as excess, deficit and disability, and body elements, such as soil, water, wind and fire. The 5,224 patients with 65,535 medical records were gathered from a district hospital. The Sun’s position by the zodiac sign of the patient’s birth date, or “sun sign”, was computed, as described in SuryaYatra scripture. The records were tabulated by ICD–10 disease code and sun signs. The top 20 ICD–10 disease codes by number of patients were selected and tested for each ICD–10 disease code. The ratio of patients in each sun sign was calculated (Chi-square goodness of fit test, a = 0.05, df. = 11). The results show that the ratio of patients in each sun sign of 9 ICD–10 diseases: J00, I10, R42, E11.9, J02.9, H81.1, M79.10, R53, and R51.0: are different. Both I10 Essential hypertension and E11.9 Non–insulin–dependent diabetes mellitus type 2 without complications are associated with Sagittarius fire deficit- and Gemini - water excess.
2. Hessong A. How Does the Sun Affect the Food Web?. Sciencing [Internet]. 2017 [cited 2018 Jan 1]; [1 screen]. Available from: https://sciencing.com/sun-affect-food-5507006.html
3. Boland MR, Parhi P, Li L, Miotto R, Carroll R, Iqbal U, Nguyen PA, Schuemie M, You SC, Smith D, Mooney S, Ryan P, Li YJ, Park RW, Denny J, Dudley JT, Hripcsak G, Gentine P, Tatonetti NP. Uncovering exposures responsible for birth season–disease effects: a global study. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 2017; doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocx105.
4. Boland MR, Shahn Z, Madigan D, Hripcsak G, Tatonetti NP. Birth Month Affects Lifetime Disease Risk: A Phenome–Wide Method. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 2015;22(5):1042-53.
5. World Health Organization, Regional Office for South-East Asia (WHO SEARO). Traditional Medicine in Kingdom of Thailand: The Integration of Thai Traditional Medicine in the National Health Care System of Thailand. [Internet]. [cited 2017 Dec 31]; [1 screen]. Available from: http://www.searo.who.int/entity/medicines/topics/traditional_medicine.
6. Phraya Pitsanuprasartvej. Textbook of medicine (Phaetsart Songkroh), Vol. 2. Bangkok: Supakarnjamroon Printing; 1907. 371p. (in Thai).
7. Thai Language Institute, Academic Department, Ministry of Education. Phaetsart Songkroh: Medical Wisdom and National Literacy Heritage. Bangkok: Kurusapa Printing Ladphrao; 1999. 994 p. (in Thai).
8. Subcharoen P. The integration of Thai traditional medicine into the National health care system. Institute of Thai Traditional Medicine, Ministry of Public Health; 1998. 405 p. (in Thai).
9. Phraya Pitsanuprasartvej. Textbook of medicine (Phaetsart Songkroh), Vol. 1. Bangkok; Supakarnjamroon Printing, 1907. p. 494-5. (in Thai).
10. Zodiac Signs Astrology. Make Sure You Have the Right Zodiac Sign. [Internet]. [cited 2017 Dec 30]; [1 screen]. Available from: https://www.zodiacsignastrology.org/zodiac-sign-dates-of-birth/
11. Subcharoen P. Compile Theory of Thai Traditional Medicine Book Vol. 1 Phra Khamphi Samuttanvinitchai. Bangkok: Office of Printing Mill, The War Veterans Organization of Thailand; 1994. 92p. (in Thai).
12. Foundation for Restore and Promote Thai Traditional Medicine Ayuravej Vidhayalai (Jivaka Komaraphat). Thai traditional medicine textbook (Bhatsart Songkroh). Bangkok: Srithai Printing; 1998. 115p. (in Thai).
13. Aangkaew T. Suriyayatra Scipture: Comprehensive. Phra Nakhon: Mahamakut-Rajavidhayalai Press; 1950. 124p. (in Thai).
14. Buakanthong C. Namo-Hora Episode 1 Vol. 1. Basic Astrology for Beginner. Bangkok: Aksornthai Printing; 1989. p. 9. (in Thai).
15. Jayathavaj V. Software Development for Classifying Diabetics under Thai Wisdom. Journal of Rangsit University:Teaching & Learning. 2011;5(2):20-33. (in Thai).
16. Astodienst. The four Elements and the Signs A Brief Introduction to Astrology. [Internet]. [cited 2018 Jan 1]; [1 screen]. Available from: https://www.astro.com/info/in_elements_e.htm
17. Sarikabutra A. Scripture of Thai Astrology: Completed Version. Phra Nakhon: Silapasarn Printing; 1965. (in Thai).
18. Sarikabutra T. Astrology Review (Episode 1) Astrology Scripture: Standard Version. Phra Nakhon: Odeon Printing; 1968. (in Thai).
19. Bureau of Policy and Strategy, Ministry of Public Health of Thailand. International Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, 10th Revision, Thai Modification English-Thai Version 2016 Volume 1 Tabular List of Diseases. Bangkok: Sri Mueang Printing; 2016. 803 p. (in Thai).
20. McHugh ML. The Chi-square test of independence. Biochemia Medica. 2013;23(2):143-9. doi: 10.11613/BM.2013.018
21. MedCalc. Values of the Chi-squared distribution. [Internet]. [cited 2018 Jan 1]; [1 screen]. Available from: https://www.medcalc.org/manual/chi-square-table.php