Main Article Content
The National Education Act of Thailand proclaimed that the provision of education shall be based on the principle that all learners have the capability of learning and self-development, and learners are of the utmost importance. In addition, the provision of education must be in accordance with the National Qualifications Framework for Higher Education in Thailand. However, due to the impact of the Coronavirus disease 2019 situation, educational institutions must modify the provision of education to suit the pandemic context. Thus, the Royal Thai Navy College of Nursing proposed a revision for practical lessons such as a halt in practical internship on medical wards, nursing skills training revising, and seeking other means of assessment. According to Tissana Khammanee's study on student-centered teaching and learning management using the CIPPA model, the use of the CIPPA model in learning management resulted in higher learning achievement, better thinking ability, more learner participation, enjoyment, and satisfaction in learning. Therefore, the author implemented this concept and designed the activities to develop neonatal nursing skills for nursing students at the Royal Thai Navy College of Nursing.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
2. Royal Thai Navy College of Nursing. Bachelor of nursing science program (revised curriculum: BE. 2013). Bangkok: Academic Affair and Service Center, Naval Medical Department; 2013. (in Thai).
3. THE STANDARD. Open the COVID-19 timeline. Before there were over 30 million cases of infection worldwide. [Internet]. [cited 2020 November 12]. Available from: https://thestandard.co/timeline-of-the-covid-19-pandemic/. (in Thai).
4. VOICE online. Reverse timeline minutes 'Prayut' fights COVID-19, sends a 24-hour curfew signal? - Unidirectional state, less examination, less encountered. [Internet]. [cited 2020 November 12]. Available from: https://voicetv.co.th/read/t_LF5WB3r. (in Thai).
5. Ministry of Education of Thailand. Announcement of the Ministry of Education Subject: For educational institutions under and under the supervision of the Ministry of Education to close the school due to special reasons. (2020 March 17). [Internet]. [cited 2020 December 14]. Available from: www.moe.go.th. (in Thai).
6. Office of the Permanent Secretary for Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation. Announcement of the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation. Subject: Measures and surveillance of the coronavirus disease outbreak or COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)) (No 3) : Agency operations Higher education to prevent the spread of COVID-19. (2020 March 17). [Internet]. [cited 2020 December 14]. Available from: https://www.ops.go.th/main/index.php/news-service/announcement/1983-covid-19. (in Thai).
7. Chulalongkorn University. Chulalongkorn University Announcement Subject: Guidelines for teaching and learning in the event of uncommon situations due to the epidemic of COVID-19 disease (2nd edition). (2020 March 12). [Internet]. [cited 2020 December 14]. Available from: https://www.chula.ac.th/news/28158/. (in Thai).
8. Songkhla Nakarin University. Announcement No. 6 Guidelines for teaching and learning in the situation of the novel coronavirus outbreak 2019. (2020 March 18). [Internet]. [cited 2020 December 14]. Available from: https://www.psu.ac.th/sites/files/n9497_PSUTHDOC1.pdf. (in Thai).
9. Royal Thai Navy College of Nursing. Meeting minutes of Education Division and Department 1st time. 2020 March 18. (in Thai).
10. Musikpodoke D, Kanjanasurat W, Oopachitakul S, Metta C. Learning activity management by learner centered approach using CIPPA Model in medical photography I. Srinagarind Medical Journal 2006;21(4):293-97. (in Thai).
11. Boonklum N. The development of the learning achievement in the course politics, economy and society using CIPPA model instruction with the first-year students at Naresuan University International College. Veridian E-Journal INTERNATIONAL HUMANITIES, SOCIAL SCIENCES AND ARTS, Silpakorn University 2015;8(5):1-18. (in Thai).
12. Intarawicha S. A development of pedagogical model for law of insurance course using CIPPA-model learning practice. [Internet]. [cited 2020 November 12]. Available from: http://hs.pbru.ac.th/phocadownloadpap/CHE/2558/2_3/2.3-2.pdf. (in Thai).
13. Thavornpruek S, Rakpongpanich T. Learning management in music production skills II using CIPPA teaching model. The 12th RSU National Graduate Research Conference 2017; 17 August 2017; Rangsit University. Pathum Thani: Graduate School Rangsit University; 2017. p.873-81. (in Thai).
14. Poopttukkul J. The effect of teaching-learning base on Cippa model on students’ achievement and satisfaction in emergency and disaster nursing. [Internet]. [cited 2020 November 12]. Available from: https://publication.npru.ac.th/bitstream/123456789/605/1/20190214112428.pdf. (in Thai).
15. Thanormchayathawat B, Ratchatawan R. The development of a sufficiency economy instructional model for nursing students at Boromrajajonani College of nursing, Nakhon Si Thammarat. The Southern College Network Journal of Nursing and Public Health 2018;5(2):159-74. (in Thai).
16. Jongroongruang N, Nilsrikul P. Study the result of student contered model CIPPA and the inquiry behavior of the nursing student at Kuakarun College of Nursing. Journal of Nursing and Education 2003;14(2):80-91. (in Thai).
17. Paiboon S, Sirilukkananan K. The effect of the CIPPA model teaching on the proficiency of nursing practice of the third-year nursing students at Saint Louis College. Journal of Nursing Care Quality 2006;3(2):22-35. (in Thai).
18. Khammanee T. Teaching Sciences. 5th ed. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University Press; 2007. (in Thai).
19. Royal Thai Navy College of Nursing. Bachelor of nursing science program (Revised curriculum : BE. 2013): Course report in child and adolescent nursing practicum year 2020. Bangkok: Academic Affair and Service Center, Naval Medical Department; 2020. (in Thai).
20. Faculty of Nursing, Kasem Bundit University. Knowledge summary report In teaching and learning management : practical teaching techniques. [Internet]. [cited 2020 November 12]. Available from: http://nurse.kbu.ac.th/home/KM/2557/KM-1.pdf. (in Thai).