Needs assessment in nurse practitioner training program of master nursing science
The aim of this survey research was to describe the needs for nurse practitioners’ short course training, the factors affecting the needs and training pattern among nursing graduates who were awarded a Master of Nursing Science degree. The participants were 410 nurses who hold a master's degree of Nursing Science. Descriptive statistics were used to explore the personal characteristics and present it in the form of frequency, mean and standard deviation. Besides, univariate analysis was performed by using the Pearson's Chi-square test and Spearman rank-order correlation coefficient. The results showed that the needs for nurse practitioners’ short course training overall level was at the medium level. Factors supporting is the organization's sponsorship of the training. Therefore, the participants also expressed that they
2. Junprasert S, Nursing practitioners: unity, uniqueness, privilege. Journal of the Faculty of Nursing Burapha university 2007; 14(3): 40-51. (in Thai)
3. Royal Thai Government Gazette. Ministerial Regulations: Determining the characteristics of the hospital and the service characteristics of the hospital B.E.2558; 132(26):23. (in Thai)
4. Junprasert S, Nurse Practitioners’ Performance Quality: A Case Study of the Eastern Region. Thai journal of nursing council 2012; 27(1): 25-38. (in Thai)
5. English F, Kaufman A, Needs assessment: A focus for curriculum development. Washington, D.C: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development 1975.
6. Dick W, Carey L, Systems Approach Model for Designing Instruction; 2017. (cited 2002 April 17). Available from http://novitatraining.com/wp- content/uploads/2012/05/Instructional-Design-Models.pdf.
7. Suprasuwankul W, Factors affecting requirement for post-graduate study of registered nurses in Lampang hospital. Lampang medical journal 2009; 30(2): 67-74. (in Thai)
8. Tungpunkom P, et al., Supportive and Barrier Factors in Practice Role of Thai Advanced Practice Nurse. Thai Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Practice 2016; 3(2): 25-43. (in Thai)
9. Hancock N, Meeting the Challenge: Conducting a Comprehensive Needs Assessment for Title I, Part C. ACET Spring Conference Austin, Texas 2003; April 16.
10. Paul M, Model for conducting an education need assessment: guideline for corporative extension system professional. Moscow, USA 2009.
11. Roscoe T, Fundamentals Research Statistics for Behavioral Sciences. 2nd. New York : Holt, Rinehart and Winston 1975.
12. Charuwanno R, et.al. , The Need for Further Education in Nursing among Registered Nurses in Bangkok Metropolitan. Kuakarun Journal of Nursing 2018; 25(1): 7-24. (In Thai)
13. Siripujaka W, Relationships between personal factors, motivation factor, work environment, and self-development activities of staff nurse, governmental hospitals, Bangkok metropolis. An Individual research submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Nursing science. Faculty of nursing. Chulalongkorn University; 2001. (in Thai)
14. Silsawat W, Prachusilpa G, Competency of Nurse Practitioner. Journal of Nursing Science Chulalongkorn University 2014; 26(1): 143-154. (in Thai)
15. Runghiran S, Factors affecting job competency of professional nurses in community hospital, Pathumthani province. Academic Journal University of Eastern Asia 2012; 6(1): 109-120. (in Thai)
16. Setthawatcharanich P, Duangkae T, Turner A. Needs for continued education of the registered nurses in Bangkok metropolitan region. Journal of health science research 2011; 5(1): 25-31. (in Thai)
17. Indorm T. The study of personal factors, self-efficacy and needs for self-development for nurses of the governmental hospital. An Individual research submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Arts in industrial and organizational psychology. Faculty of liberal arts. Thammasat University; 2010. (in Thai)
18. Flores Y, Alonso M, Factors influencing nursing staff members’ participation in continuing education. Latino-am Nursing Journal 2006; 14 (3): 309-315.
19. Thongphath P, Thungjaroenkul P, Supamanee T, Factors Related to Nurses’ Intention to Continuing Education in Nursing School, Lao People’s Democratic Republic. Nursing Journal 2016; 43: 90-99. (in Thai)
Copyright (c) 2020 Journal of Nursing and Health Care
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.