Main Article Content
The objectives of this study were to: (1) examine the level of professional nurses’ quality of work-life at Rajavithi Hospital, Bangkok; (2) investigate personal influencing factors of professional nurses’ quality of work-life; and (3) promote and develop professional nurses’ quality of work-life in the hospital. The study was guided by the Walton’s 8-Aspects Quality of Work-Life Model and this was tested in the local situation of Rajavithi Hospital. This survey study included 292 professional nurses. Data were collected using a set of questionnaires. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics (frequency, percentage, mean, standard deviation, the Pearson’s r, T-test, One-Way ANOVA, and Fisher’s Pair-Differential).
Results are as the following. The overall quality of work-life was reported at the middle level. For each domain, nurses’ quality of work-life in 3 domains (social integration, social relations, and organizational charter) are at the high level. Also, the nurses’ quality of work-life in 5 domains (individual’s personal capability development, work progression and security, safety and hygienic environment, private-work life balance, and adequate and fair compensation) are at the middle level. Regarding personal influencing factors of professional nurses’ quality of work-life, there were significant relationships among gender, age, and salary and nurses’ quality of work-life (p< .05, .01, .01, respectively). Meanwhile there were no significant relationships among marriage status and work tenure and nurses’ quality of work-life.
For Thai nurses, the Thai Nursing Council has set nursing standards as a guideline. Therefore, regardless of the age of professional nurses and their marital status (single, widowed, or divorced), adhering to nursing principles in the workplace will result in a different quality of working life.
Article published Is the copyright of the Journal of Health and Nursing Research (Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Bangkok) Cannot be republished in other journals
2. Keawphikun S. Quality of work life of police nursing nursing personnel. Master’s thesis, Thammasat Univeersity 2009. (in Thai).
3. Chalermsarn P. Quality of work life. 2009. Searched on 1 March 2018, form http://www.Moe.go.th/moe/th/news/detail.php NewsID=12168&Key=news research (in Thai).
4. Kittisuksathit S. et al. Quality of work life and happiness. Bangkok: Plain Press Printing Company Limited. 2012. (in Thai).
5. Rajavithi Hospital. [Internet]. History of Rajavithi Hospital. 2018. Searched on 8 February 2018, form http://www.Rajavithi.go.th/ (in Thai).
6. Yamane T. Statistics: An introductory analysis. (3rded). New York: Harper & Row. 1970.
7. Vachit U-Aon. Research and business data search. Bangkok: Central Express. 2007.
8. Phrom-Iang P. Quality of work life of professional nurses Nakhon Pathom Hospital. Master of Public Health Thesis, Mahidol University. 2015. (in Thai).
9. Sikantha T. Quality of work life of professional nurses in Siriraj Hospital. Master of Science thesis, Mahidol University. 2013. (in Thai).
10. Burns JM. Leadership. New York: Harper & Rows Publishers Inc. 1979:148-49.
11. Preeyaporn Wonganutaroj. Academic administration. Bangkok Supplementary Media Center. 2000. (in Thai).
12. Chirawatkun S. et al. Nursing profession: gender definition. Journal of the Nursing Council, 2011. Year 26, Issue 2 April- June 2011. (in Thai).
13. Jirakijwibun T. Study of quality of work life and good work practices That has an effect on motivating employees at operational levels in Amata Nakorn Industrial Estate Chonburi province. Master of Business Administration, Bangkok University. 2013. (in Thai).
14. Suwannakut P. Quality of life of professional nurses working in shift systems of community hospitals Ubon Ratchathani. Master of Public Health Thesis, Ubon Ratchathani Rajabhat. University. 2012. (In Thai).
15. Wichesetkul A. Factors affecting quality of work life of professional nurses, Nakhon Pathom Hospital. Independent research, Master of Arts, Silpakorn University. 2009. (in Thai).
16. Woradet S. et al. Factors related to quality of life Work of public health personnel Kong Ra Hospital Phatthalung Province. Journal of Public Health 2015;24(2):262-72. (in Thai).
17. Umphan U. Quality of work life of personnel in private University in Bangkok. Research report of St John’s University. 2009. (in Thai).
18. Keawkangwan S. Personality psychology theory. (Know he knows us). 9th Edition. Bangkok University. Doctor,villager. 2001. (in Thai).
19. Bunthimwittaya K. et al. Quality of work life of support personnel Thonburi Rajabhat University. Independent Student and Master of Public Administration, Naresuan University. 2009. (In Thai).
20. Khobarat P. Quality of work life of non-commissioned police officers: a case study of division 4, special branch police division 1. Master of Public Administration Krirk University. 2013. (in Thai).
21. Khwanmuang S. Quality of work life of professional nurses in Saraburi Hospital. Master’s thesis. Thepsat Rajabhat University. 2007. (in Thai).