Factors Affecting on Quality of Life of Nursing Students in the Private Higher Education Institution, Bangkok Metropolis
ปัจจัยที่มีผลต่อคุณภาพชีวิตของนักศึกษาพยาบาล สถาบันอุดมศึกษาเอกชน เขตกรุงเทพมหานคร
This study was predictive research. The purpose of this study was to predict the quality of life of nursing students in the private higher education institution, Bangkok Metropolis. The samples were 324 of the first-fourth year nursing students from 4 institutions. The samples were selected by multi-stage random sampling. The research tools were questionnaires consisting of personal data, internal factors (attitude towards learning, student adaptability, learning future-oriented), external factors (teaching behavior of instructors, physical condition of learning, the relationship between students and friends/parents/teachers), and quality of life of nursing students. The content validity of the questionnaires were .91, .89 and its reliability were .91, 93, and .95, respectively. The data were analyzed by frequency, percentage, mean, standard deviation, and stepwise multiple regression.
The results indicated that the nursing students had the average scores of quality of life was 3.87 (S.D.=.38) at good level. The selected factors such as teaching behavior of instructors, physical condition of learning, the relationship between students and friends, student adaptability, the relationship between students and instructors, and learning future-oriented were prediction of the quality of life of nursing students at p<.01. The first predictor was selected in the prediction equation was teaching behavior of instructors, that predicted the quality of life of nursing students at 41.2%, p<.001. The last predictor was selected in the prediction equation was learning future-oriented, total variables predicted the quality of life of nursing students increased to 61.1%, p<.01.
Conclusion: This study suggests that the private higher education institution should be aware of the importance and need for arranging both internal and external factors in promoting the development of nursing students with good quality of life.
1. Higher Education Act B.E. 2562. Government Gazette May 1, 2019. [in Thai]
2. Nursing Council. Regulations of the Nursing Council on Knowledge Examinations for Registration and Licensing as Nursing Professional Midwifery or Nursing and Midwifery (Version 2) 2008. Government Gazette, April 25, 2008. [in Thai]
3. Labrague LJ., McEnroe-Petitte DM., Papathanasiou IV., Edet OB.,Tsaras K., Christos KF. et al. A Cross-Country comparative Study on Stress and Quality of Life in Nursing Students. Perspect Psychiatr Care; 2018 54(4): 469-476. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29078010
4. Lertsakornsiri M. The Stress, Stress Management of Nursing Sudents during Practice in the Labor Room. Kuakarun Journal of Nursing 2015; 22(1): 7-16. [in Thai]
5. Lertsakornsiri M. & Khampunyo C. Factors Associated with Health-Promoting Behaviors of Nursing Students at Saint Louis College during Practice in the Health Care Service. Naresuan University Journal: Science and Technology 2017; (25)3: 67-76. [in Thai]
6. Hadaye R., Pathak B. & Lavangare S. Nutritional Status of the Student Nurses of a Tertiary health-Care Center-A Mixed-Method Study. J Family Med Prim Care 2019; 8(3): 1028-1034. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31041246
7. Insee Ch. Nursing Life Quality Research Report in Private Educational Institutions in the Northeast Region of Thailand. Udon Thani: Ratchathani University, Udon Thani Campus, 2011. [in Thai]
8. WHOQOL group. WHO-BREF: Introduction, Administration, Scoring and Generic Version of the Assessment. Geneva: WHO, 1998.
9. Khamudom P. The Development of Life Quality for Nursing Students of Nursing Colleges in Praboromarajchanok Institute for Health Workforce Development North Eastern Rregion. The Thesis of Master Degree of Educational Research and Evaluation Nakhon Ratchasima Rajabhat University; 2017. [in Thai]
10. Cruz JP., Felicilda-Reynaldo RFD., Lam SC., Machuca Contreras FA., John Cecily HS. & Papathanasiou IV., et al. Quality of Life of Nursing Students From Nine Countries: A Cross-Sectional Study. Nurse Educ Today 2018; 66: 135-142.
11. Sinsawad P. & Pittard B. Factors Related to Quality of Life of Nursing Student at Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Ratchaburi. Kuakarun Journal of Nursing 2016; 23(1): 7-20. [in Thai]
12. Yamane T. Statistic Introductory Analysis. Harper International Edition, Tokyo, Japan, 1973.
13. Tongsawang K. The Quality of Life of Students at the Faculty of Nursing, Chaiyaphum Rajabhat University 2017; 8(2): 1-14. [in Thai]
14. Kingkaew J. & Boonmark N. Quality of Life Among Nursing Students in Chalermkanchana Si Sa Ket University. Journal of Sakon Nakhon Hospital 2018; 21(3): 105-117. [in Thai]
15. Moura IH., Nobre RS., Cortez RM., Campelo V., Macedo SF. & Silva AR. Quality of Life of Undergraduate Nursing Students. Rev. Gaúcha Enferm 2016; 37(2): 1-7. Retrieved from http: //dx.doi.org/10.1590/1983-1447.2016.02.55291