Development of a Clinical Instructional Model Using a Research- Based Approach to Enhance the Ability in Creating Nursing Innovation for Nursing Students
การพัฒนารูปแบบการเรียนการสอนในคลินิก โดยใช้วิจัยเป็นฐานเพื่อส่งเสริมความสามารถในการสร้างสรรค์นวัตกรรมทางการพยาบาล สำหรับนักศึกษาพยาบาล
Research-based learning is necessary for developing skill learning in the twenty-first century of nursing students for nursing practice in hospital wards. This study aimed to develop a clinical instructional model using research-based approach to enhance the ability of creating nursing innovation for nursing students. The methodology was divided into three phrases: 1) analyzing basic situation, 2) development of the instructional model, and 3) implementation and testing the model with 101 nursing students at Srimahasarakham Nursing College. There were five research instruments, including 1) a questionnaire for focused group discussion, 2) a checklist of a constructed instructional model, 3) a checklist of a student’s ability on creating nursing innovation, 4) a checklist of a nursing innovation quality and 5) a learning log. The data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, paired t-test, and content analysis.
The results of the study revealed that the constructed instructional model consisted of four parts: 1) need assessment, 2) goal setting for learning, 3) development of learning skills, and 4) learning evaluation. The core components of teaching and learning process consisted of six steps based on evidence-based practice: 1) identifying uncertainty situations, 2) asking answerable questions, 3) searching for research evidence, 4) critically appraising the research evidence, 5) implementing, and 6) auditing. The model approved by the experts was rated at a high level of appropriateness. After implementation of the model, the overall score of nursing students’ ability on creating nursing innovation was higher than at the baseline (p < .05). In addition, students had good level of overall satisfaction on the constructed instructional model and they successfully developed innovation as planned.
The results indicate that the clinical instructional model using research based approach is efficient and effective to enhance the ability of creating nursing innovation for nursing students.
Able to adapt the model according to the students' knowledge level. Including creating Climate that is conducive to the development of the ability to create nursing innovations
1. Panich, V. Building Professional Learning for 21st Century. Bangkok: The Siam Commercial Foundation; 2013. (in Thai).
2. Kunaviktikul, W. Teaching and learning in the Discipline of Nursing in the 21st Century. Nursing Journal, 2015; 42(2): 152-6. (in Thai).
3. Srimahasarakham Nursing College. Bachelor of Nursing Science Program (Revised B.E. 2555). Mahasarakham: College; 2012. (in Thai).
4. Srimahasarakham Nursing College. Instruction Evaluation Report in Academic Year 2016. Mahasarakham: College; 2017. (in Thai).
5. Paweenbampen, P. Research-Based Learning. CMU Journal of Education, 2017; 1(2): 62-71. (in Thai).
6. Bandansin, J. Develop the Creativity Toward the Nursing Service Innovation. Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses, 2014; 15(3): 9-17. (in Thai).
7. Klangtamniam, K. Nursing Service Innovations. Journal of Phrapokklao Nursing College, 2011; 22(2): 71-9. (in Thai).
8. Flemming, K. & Fenton, M. Making Sense of Research Evidence to in form Decision Making. In: Thompson C, Dowding D, Editors. Clinical Decision Making and Judgement in Nursing. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone; 2002. p. 109-29.
9. Popham, WJ. & Baker, EL. Systematic Instruction. Englewood Cliffs, N.J: Prentice-Hall; 1970.
10. Brown, JW., Lewis, RB., & Harcleroad, FF. AV Instruction: Technology, Media, & Methods. 6ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1985.
11. Joyce, B. & Weil, M. Model of Teaching. 8th ed. New York: Prentice-Hall; 2009.
12. Ariya, K., Kaewurai, W., & Chaisanit, P. A Development of an Instructional Model Based-on Differentiated Instruction Approach to Enhance the Ability of Learning Management Design of 21st Century for Student Teachers, Rajabhat University. Lampang Rajabhat University Journal, 2016: 5(2): 1-17. (in Thai).
13. Malai C, Jansook N, Tosem.S,,Jadpum,J. Education Administration Model for 21st Century Skills Delopment of Nursing Students. Journal of Nursing and Education.2019;12(4):121-139.(in Thai)
14. Kanhadilok, S., Punsumreung, T., & Malai, C. Evidence Based Teaching Strategies in Nursing. Journal of Nursing and Health Care, 2017; 35(4): 34-41. (in Thai).
15. Thaewopia, S., Thongnarong, P., & Wichai, S. Learning Style of Nursing Students at Boromarajonani College of Nursing Khon Kaen. Journal of Nursing and Health Care, 2016; 35(2): 227-235. (in Thai).