Factor Analysis of Happiness Learning in Thai Traditional Medicine Students
This descriptive research aimed to analyze confirmatory factors of happiness learning among Thai traditional medicine students. Data were collected from 229 of the 1st - 4th year Thai traditional medicine students, with a multi-stage sampling. The questionnaire with a five – level rating scale was used as a research tool including six aspects of questions which were related to happiness learning. To assure the research quality, the content validity test was done by using Index of Item-Objective Congruence (IOC), which was equal to 0.96 and the reliability test by using the Cronbach's alpha coefficient, was 0.953. Descriptive statistics and factor analysis were used for data analysis.
The results of this study showed that the factor model of happiness learning was consistent with a six-aspect of the happiness learning theory (i.e. love and faith, the value of learning, access to nature, endeavor and stability, hospitality, and life balancing).The validation of factors relating to happiness learning was consistent and fit well with the empirical data ( 2 = 1291.957, df = 918 and comparative fit index (CFI) = 0.941).In conclusion, the happy learning component model is harmonious with the information. The happy learning theory is divided into 6 components, namely1) love and faith.2) In terms of learning value 3) opens door to nature.4) endeavor and stability 5) hospitality and 6) balanced life. The highest factor loading value of 1.08 was hospitality which indicated happiness learning with the percentage of 92. Endeavor and stability was the second rank (factor loading = 0.87) and this indicated happiness learning with the percentage of 93.
Conclusion: This study was used as an assessment guideline to create activities of happiness learning for Thai traditional medicine students.
1. Nuangchalerm, P. 21st Century Learning in Science. Journal of Rangsit University: Teaching & Learning. 2015; 9(1): 136-154 (in Thai)
2. The National Primary Education, Ministry of Education. Sparking thoughts about Learning. Bangkok: Idea Square Printing; 1998. (in Thai)
3. Bundasak, T., Chaowiang.K, and Jangasem. N. Happily Learning among Nursing Students. Journal of MCU Peace Studies. 2017; 5(1): 357-369. (in Thai)
4. Boonsue, K., Suttasan. P., Chuangsuwanich, S. and Tantulapong, V. Happy Learning. Bangkok: Idea Square Printing; 1997. (in Thai)
5. Klawkreua, A., Chantuk, T. The Analysis of Factors Affecting Learning with Happiness of Medical Students in clinical. Veridian E-Journal,Silpakorn University [online], 2016 [cited 2018/04/26]; 9(3): 341-357. Available from: https://www.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/Veridian-E-Journal/article/view/71821 (in Thai)
6. Kulpakdee, R., Seanprasarn, P. Relationship between Selected Factors and Learning Happiness of Nursing Students at the Royal Thai Army Nursing College. Journal of The Police Nurses. 2017; 9(2): 115-127. (in Thai)
7. Khamngoen, R., Chantra, R. Factors Affecting Happy Learning of Nursing Students in the Project of Increasing Professional Nurses to Solve Problems of Southern Border Provinces. Thai Journal of Nursing, 2010; 60(32): 21-28. (in Thai)
8. Nunark, T. Effects of The Matching Between Learning Style and Teaching Style on Learning with Happiness of Students. 2010. Bangkok: Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University. (in Thai)
9. Thai Traditional Medical Council. Certificate of institution [internet]. [Cited 2561/04/26]. Available from: http://www.thaimed.or.th/?page_id=7733 (in Thai)
10. Hair, J.F., Black, W.C., Babin, B.J., Anderson, R.E. and Tatham, R.L. Multivariate Data Analysis. 7th Edition. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River: Pearson Prentice Hall. 2014.
11. Jittalo, I., Arawan, W., Thanork, S. Factors Influencing Pleasant Learning of Prathom Suksa 6 Students under Burirum Primary Educational Service Area Office. Journal of Educational Measurement. Mahasarakham University. 2016; 22(1): 386-396. (in Thai)
12. Thongsom, P. The Development of Findicatiors Of Happiness in Learning of Students in Nursing Science Undergraduate Programs Under The Ministry of Public Health. Journal of Nursing and Education. 2011; 4(1), 88-111. (in Thai)
13. Wiboolsuk, S., Bunsawat, N. Factors Affecting Learning with Happiness of Medical Students in Preclinical Year. Siriraj Medical Bulletin. 2015; 8(2): 70-76. (in Thai)
14. Srisopa, P., Hengudomsub, P., Karaket, K. Happy Learning and Its Associated Factors Among Nursing Students. The journal of Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health. 2013; 27(2): 16-29 (in Thai)