Effect of Cooperative Learning with Jigsaw II Technique on Blood Diseases Learning Achievement and Satisfaction of Third Year Nursing Students
ผลของการจัดกิจกรรมการเรียนรู้แบบร่วมมือด้วยเทคนิคแบบจิ๊กซอร์ 2 ที่มีต่อผลสัมฤทธิ์ทางการเรียนและความพึงพอใจของนักศึกษาพยาบาลศาสตรบัณฑิต ชั้นปีที่ 3 ในหน่วยระบบความผิดปกติของเลือดและส่วนประกอบของเลือด
The present study aimed to compare the blood disease learning achievement of third year nursing students between before and after using Jigsaw II teaching technique, and to study the satisfaction of those students after using Jigsaw II teaching technique. This study was a one group pre – post test quasi – experimental design. The subjects were all 71 third year nursing students at Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Yala. They were selected by purposive sampling. And randomly selected 12 students to assess the problems in teaching and learning. The experimental instruments were the 6 hours of lesson plan using Jigsaw II teaching technique, 14 items of the 4 choices of achievement test, and 16 items of rating scale for nursing students on satisfaction in cooperative learning with Jigsaw II teaching technique and semi structured interview. The problem of teaching and learning. The data analysis were descriptive statistics and paired t – test.
The results found that the nursing students’ achievement after using Jigsaw II teaching technique (Mean = 11.14, SD = 1.90) higher than before using Jigsaw II teaching technique (Mean = 8.27, SD = 1.47). There was a significant difference between the blood disease learning achievement of nursing students before and after using Jigsaw II teaching technique (p<0.000)
The study suggested that this cooperative learning with Jigsaw II teaching technique can enhance learning achievement of the nursing students and the nursing students’ opinion toward cooperative learning with Jigsaw II technique was high level.
2. Phothidara, Y. Nursing Education Management: For Student Generation Y. Journal of Nursing Science & Health. 2011; 34(2); 61-69. (in Thai)
3. Lekjaroen, S., Ruamsuk, S. A Comparson of The Achievement of Prathomsuksa One Student on Word Spelling Ablities Taught by Using Cooperative Learning TGT Technique and Conventional Method. Silpakorn Education Research Journal. 2013; 5(1): 132-143. (in Thai)
4. Sinpeng, D., Developing learners into a learning society: A centralized, student-centered learning management system (2nd). Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University; 2553. (in Thai)
5. Khanommani, T., Teaching Knowledge to Effective Learning Process. (17nd). Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University; 2556. (in Thai)
6. Jirubpapa, M., Effective of Nursing Students’ Learning by Using Cooperative Learning Team game Tournament Technique. In Teerasin Wongvipart. The 1St National Conference; July 29, 2016, Ubonratchathani, Thailand. 14-24. (In Thai)
7. Vithayachockitikhun, N., Kaewkulpat, S., Development of Jigsaw Cooperative Learning Technique to Enhance Learning Outcomes of Nursing Students Undertaking Bachelorof Nursing Science Pro-gram Boromarajionani College of Nursing, Sawanpracharak Nakhonsawan. Nursing Journal of the Ministry of Public Health. 2017; 27(special): 158-171. (in Thai)
8. Chompoopong, W., Effects of Cooparative Learning by Using Jigsaw Technic on Thailand Geography Lesson of Matthayomsuksa 1 Students, Tessaban 4 School (Chowwanapreechautit). Veridian E-Journal Silpakorn Universitl, Socaial Sciences and arts. 2013; 6(2): 597-611. (in Thai)
9. Jandaeng, S., Effects of Leaning by CO3Operative’s Instructional Package on Learning Achievement and Teamwork’s Ability, Science Subject of Pathomsuksa 6 Students. Veridian E-Journal Silpakorn Universitl, Socaial Sciences and arts. 2013; 6(2): 567-581. (in Thai)