Main Article Content
Creative thinking is an essential skill for problem solving, generating an innovative idea which is necessary for nursing students in the 21th century. The purpose of this article is to describe the meanings, and components of creativity, the relationship between creative thinking, innovation and critical thinking skills, and the instructor roles and techniques for the promotion of creative thinking among nursing students.
2. Dachakroup P, Yindeesook P. Learning in the 21st century. 2nd ed. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University Press; 2015. (in Thai).
3. Buanoi D. Innovation and creativity. Journal of Management and Marketing Rajamangala University of Technology Thanyaburi 2016;3(1):1-12. (in Thai).
4. Panich V. Building learning into the 21st century. Bangkok: S Charoen Printing; 2013.
5. Ellis JR, Hartley CL. Nursing in today’s world: challenges, issues and trends. Philadelphia: Lippincott; 2002.
6. Chan ZCY. A systematic review of creative thinking/creativity in nursing education. Nurse Education Today 2012. [Internet]. [cited 2018 May 17]. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt. 2012.09.005.
7. The Government Gazette. Ministry of Education Announcement: nursing qualification standards. AD 2017, Vol.135, Special Episode 1 d. [Internet]. [cited 2018 May 17]. Available from: www.mua.go.th/users/tqf-hed/.../ประกาศ-ศธ-NQF-2560-พยาบาลศาสตร์-ป-ตรี.PDF. (in Thai).
8. Punmanee A. Creative thinking development to excellence. Bangkok: Thanarach Printing; 2000. (in Thai).
9. Sanum V. Relationship between selected factors and creative thinking of nursing student, Naval Nurse College, Education Division, Royal Thai Medical Department. [Master’s Thesis, Faculty of Public Health]. Mahidol University; 1996. (in Thai).
10. Masintapun D. Creative thinking of nursing students in college of nursing in Southern Region, Ministry of Public Health. [Master’s Thesis, Faculty of Education]. Kasetsart University; 1995. (in Thai).
11. Choeisuwan V, Dolsamer K. A development of the instructional model integrated higher-order thinking of nursing students. Bangkok: The Royal Thai Navy College of Nursing; 2008. (in Thai).
12. Naiyapatana W. The comparison of creative thinking of freshmen nursing students before and after enrolling into the dormitory system under military discipline, The Royal Thai Army College of Nursing. Journal of Nursing and Education 2012;5(2):51-63. (in Thai).
13. Gomez JG. What do we know about creativity?. Journal of Effective Teaching 2007;7(1):31-43.
14. Sutharat V. Thinking and creative thinking. Bangkok: Suweerayasarn; 2004. (in Thai).
15. Sintapanon S, et al. Thinking skills development in education reform. Bangkok: 9119 Technique printing Press; 2012. (in Thai).
16. Waisurasing L, Noparoojjinda S. The development of instructional model using authentic learning approach to enhance achievement and critical thinking ability of nursing students, Boromarajajonani College of Nursing, Suphanburi. Journal of Nursing Education 2011;4(3):63-7. (in Thai).
17. Sirisupluxana P. Teaching nursing students to develop critical thinking skills. The Journal of Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Nakhonratchasima 2013;19(2):5-19.
18. Williams FE. Classroom ideas for encouraging thinking and feeling. New York: D.O.K.; 1970.
19. Nernprom A. A Development of an instructional model for enhance creative thinking abilities for certificate of vocational education students of the industrial program. [Doctoral Dissertation, Faculty of Education]. Burapha University; 2016. (in Thai).
20. Kammanee T. Teaching science: knowledge for learning management process. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University; 2014. (in Thai).
21. Xi-wen L, Chun-ping N, Rui Y, Cheng C. Teaching design of cultivating nursing students’ creative thinking. US-China Education Review 2007;4(7):38-41.
22. Kaewurai W. The development of the instructional model for general methods of teaching subject emphasizing cases to enhance teaching students’ reflective thinking ability in the science of teaching. [Doctoral Dissertation, Faculty of Education]. Chulalongkorn University; 1998. (in Thai).
23. Phuwipadawan S. Creative thinking promoting techniques. Bangkok: Watanapanich Press; 2001. (in Thai).
24. Punmanee A. Creative thinking. Bangkok: 1412 Press; 1994. (in Thai).
25. Le Storti, Cullen PA, Hanzlik EM, Michiels JM, Piano LA, Ryan PL, et al. Creative thinking in nursing education: preparing for tomorrow’s challenges. Nurs Outlook 1999;47:62-6.
26. Siriwong S. Royal Thai Navy College of Nursing: a journey to innovative organization. Royal Thai Navy Medical Journal 2017;44(3):161-74. (in Thai).