Main Article Content
The purposes of this study were to investigate health statuss, attitudes and medication use behaviors among the elderly with chronic disease in Nong taguay village, Nong Phai Subdistrict, Maung District, Udonthani Province. The collected sampling in criteria was used to recruit 87 cases by interview instrument. Testing the reliable of questionnaires was at .89. Data were analyzed by the used of descriptive statistics.
The results found. 1) Health problem, Mostly had Diabetes (40.2%), Hypertension and Musculoskeletal diseases. Medication usage, 85.1% took modern medicines, mean tablet at 3 and maximum 11 tablet /day. 2) The opinions toward medicine usage, they had in appropriated opinion at high level as follow: modern medicine better than herbal (X̅ 4.02, S.D1.28 )injection more effective than oral (X̅3.70,S.D.1.55), expensive medicine better than cheap (X̅ 3.65,S.D. 1.5 ) and they could bought medicine themselves when they had lightly ill (X̅ 3.59,S.D. 1.68 ) Overall attitude was at a medium level (X̅ 2.71,S.D. 1.44 ) and 3) Medication use behaviors, they had in appropriated behaviors such as stop using medicine when they got better (X̅ 3.32,S.D. 1.80 )Bought medicine by telling the symptoms (X̅ 2.59,S.D. 1.52 ) used expired medicine (X̅ 1.79,S.D. 1.54 ) collected medicine(X̅ 1.66,S.D. 1.20 ) took all medicines the same time(X̅ 1.59,S.D. 1.20 ), used other medicine(X̅ 1.56,S.D. 1.15 ) and bought medicine follow advertising advise (X̅ 1.55,S.D. 1.17 ) . Over all behaviors was at medium (X̅ 3.28, S.D .72) From the results, health personal should provide knowledge activities to develop attitudes and behaviors toward medicine for the elderly.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
3.Uraiwan Chaichanawirote and Niranat Vitayachokkittikun. Medication use behaviors among the older Thai adult. Health system research institute (HSRI)[database on the internet].2014[cited 2020 April3]. Available from https://kb.hsri.or.th/dspace/handle/11228/4305
4.Pannat Pangputthipong. Drug use in the elderly. Bureau of information office of the Permanent Secretary of MOPH.[database on the internet].2014 [cited 2020 April3].Available fromhttps://pr.moph.go.th
5.Khongrit Wancharoon, Somjit Supannatas and Teerapat Sutthiprapa.Knowledge, Perception of self- efficacy,behaviors and health status of Diabetes Mellitus type 2 in Tambol Lampao, Amphur Mueng, Kalasin Province. KKU Journal for public health research2556; 6(3) : 130-139.
6.Patson Oumgerd. The factors predicting Antibiotic use behavior among health care volunteers in Pratumthani province. [database on the internet].2014[cited 2020 April3].Available fromhttp://ethesisarchive.library.tu.ac.th
7.Pitsinee Wichantuk.Knowledge,attitude and behaviors of Herbal medicinal product used among peoples in Nong Bua Sala, Mueang District,Nakhonrachsima Province.Journal of Health science2019;28:244-254.
8.Sasitorn Rungsawang. Factors related to polypharmacy medication adherence among older persons with chronic diseases. Journal of Nursing , Siam University; 2015: 6-23.
9.Woranan Khaihong,Narirat Jitramontree and Virapun Wirojratana.Factors predicting medication adherence behaviors among older adults with type2 Diabetes.The journal of faculty of nursing Burapha University2016;24(1): 65-75
10. Nucharaphon Seatung and Nithra Kitreerawutiwong. Factors influencing antibiotics use behavior in sore throat, clean wound and acute diarrhea among Village Health Volunteers. Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses2018; 19 Sup :166-174.
11. Daungporn Katanutanon and others. Behavior in Prevention of Complications of Diabetic Patients in a Health Promoting Hospital, Bang Phli District, Samutprakan Province. HCU Journal of health science 2018; 20(39): 15-29.
12. Aomjai Tajarernwiriyakul and Kittiya SilawongSuwannakud. Health perceives and self-care behaviors of people with diabetes mellitus in Tungmon Subdistrict, Prasat District, Surin Province. Research and Development Health System Journal 2016; 9(2): 331-338.
13. Pratum Supachaipanichpong. Knowledge and Beliefs in Medication Use among Diabetic Patients with Non-medication Adherence. Veridian E-Journal Science and Technology Silpakorn University2557;1(1) : 1-12.
14. Wassana Naiyapatana. Health Problems, Medicine-Used Problems and Medicine-Used Behaviors among Elderly in the Community of Phramongkutklao Hospital Personnel’s Residence. Journal of nursing and education2010; 3(1):2-14.
15. Phimphisut Boukeaw and Ratiporn Teungfung. Health Care and Health Status of Thai Aging. Journal of the Association of Researchers 2559; 21(2): 94-109.
16. Prapatvatchara Guem kana. Health care behavior of Thai people in perimeter area. Journal of Pratum thani University2557; 6(2): 21-30.
17. Luechai Sringanyuang. Social and cultural dimension of community drug use: development of knowledge based on theory and research. Health system research institute (HSRI) [database on the internet]2014[cited 2020 April3] Available from http://kb.hsri.or.th/dspace/handle/11228/1688.
18. Piyawan Vongboonnak and others. The Survey of Medicine, Food Supplement and Herbal Products Used Problems Among Elderly: A Case Study at the Community of Tumbon SrisaChorakhe Noi, Samut Prakan Province. HCU Journal 2559; 20(39): 97-108.
19. Cheanjit kong khaew and others. Drug Use in Thai Elderly in Lower Northern Region of Thailand. 2019.[database on the internet]2019[cited 2020 April3] Available from http://kb.hsri.or.th/dspace/handle/11228/4306?locale-attribute=th