New submissions should be in English and made via the online submission portal https://he01.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/THAIORTHO/submissions which should be submitted in separate files:
- The main manuscript file can be submitted in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format without any data of the author(s). The file should be presented in the following order: (1) Title; (2) Abstract and keywords; (3) main text; (4) Figures (with figure legends) and tables (each table complete with title and footnotes) should be inserted within the related main text.
***Any data that can be traced back to the author(s) should not be in the main manuscript file including the acknowledgement part. It should be replaced by “XXX”. For example, “This research was approved by ethics committees of XXX university (XXXXX-XX-X-XX)”
- The cover letter should be signed by the corresponding author, describe the contact information, declare the conflict of interest and a copyright license agreement on behalf of all authors of the paper.
- The author(s) information should include: name, surname, institutional affiliation, contact address, telephone number, e-mail address, and funding information. The list of author(s) should be sorted in order of contribution.
- Place figure(s) in separated file(s), which can be in .tiff, .jpg/jpeg or .esp format
- Place table(s) with title and footnote in separated file(s)
- Other i.e. acknowledgement
- If your paper is accepted, the author identified as the formal corresponding author will be required to submit the final edited manuscript and complete a copyright license agreement on behalf of all authors of the paper (for more information visit Copyright Terms & Conditions topic below).
- The submission template could be downloaded portal https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ew7lvyYZslNdfwprbDiZUEJIzYlDguPp?usp=sharing link.
*** The Title, abstract, figures and Tables must be in English language. ***
Preparing the submission
- Well English-proofreaded manuscript is preferred for submission in Thai J Orthod.
- Text: font “Times New Roman size 12 (for English) or Angsana New size 16 (for Thai), double spacing, A4 page setup with one inch margin, page number on upper right corner and 3000-4500 word count (excluding figure legend(s), table(s), footnote(s) and references).
- Terms should not be abbreviated unless they are used repeatedly and where the abbreviation is helpful to the reader. Initially, use the word in full, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. Thereafter, use the abbreviation only. The unit of measurement which has its standard abbreviation can be used initially.
- Tooth nomenclature can be described in full name i.e. upper right central incisor or FDI two-digit system with the full name in parenthesis
- The figure(s) should be both embed in the main text and submitted as separated file(s), which can be opened with Adobe Photoshop program (.tiff, .jpg/jpeg or .esp format) with at least 300 dpi.
- Table(s) and graph(s) with title and footnote should be both embed in the main text and submitted as separated file(s).
Parts of the Manuscript
- A short informative title that contains the major key words. The title should not contain abbreviations.
- Abstract: 250 words maximum, must be structured and under the sub-headings; Background, Objective(s), Materials and methods, Results, Conclusion, and 3-5 Keywords.
- Main Text: The main body must contain sections on these following headings:
- Introduction: describe about the background and rationale, relevant reviews, gaps of knowledge and objective(s)
- Materials and methods: describe related materials in the study and methods of measurement/observation including statistical analysis
- Results: describe objective-related results including table(s), graph(s) and/or figure(s)
- Discussion: discuss and compare with related articles, clinical implications, limitations, and suggestions for further study
- Conclusion: briefly conclude the results and discussion
- Reference: All references should be numbered consecutively in order of appearance and should be as complete as possible. Text citations should cite references in consecutive order using Arabic superscript numerals (Vancouver Style).
Sample references as follows:
- Journal article: Include all authors names if there are not more than 6 authors. If there are more than 6 authors, use “et al.” after the sixth author’s name.
- Al Qabandi AK, Sadowsky C, Be Gole EA. A comparison of the effects of rectangular and round arch wires in levelling the curve of Spee. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 1999;116(5):522-9.
- Bobak V, Christiansen RL, Hollister SJ, et al. Stress related molar responds to the transpalatal arch: A finite element analysis. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 1997;112(5):512-8.
- วรรณา สุชาโต และจิราภรณ์ ชัยวัฒน์. การประเมินค่าปกติกะโหลกศีรษะและใบหน้าที่สัมพันธ์กับฟันในคนไทย. ว ทันต 2527;34(5):233-43.
- Burstone CJ, Nanda R. Retention and stability in orthodontics. Philadelphia: WB Saunders; 1993.p.1-8.
- เจน รัตนไพศาล. ทันตวัสดุศาสตร์. กรุงเทพมหานคร : โรงพิมพ์ไทยวัฒนาพานิช; 2533. หน้า 1-10.
2. Author as editor
- Athanasion AE, editor. Orthodontic cephalometry. St. Louis: Mosby-Wolfe; 1995.p.20-5
3. Many authors composing separate chapters
- Woodside DG, Reed RT, Doucet JD, et al. Some effect of activator treatment on the growth rate of the mandible and position of the midface. In: Cook JT, editor. Transactions of the Third International Orthodontic Congress. London: Crosby Lochwood Staples; 1975.p.459-80.
- ไหม รัตนวรารักษ์. ขอบเขตของวิทยาภูมิคุ้มกัน. ใน: ฤทัย สกุลแรมรุ่ง, บรรณาธิการ. วิทยาภูมิคุ้มกัน. พิมพ์ครั้งที่ กรุงเทพมหานคร:โรงพิมพ์แห่งจุฬาลงกรณ์มหาวิทยาลัย; พ.ศ. 2542. หน้า 1-4.
- Opasatian P. Correlations between the horizontal and vertical facial morphology of class II malocclusion in a group of Thai young adult [thesis].Bangkok: Mahidol University; 1991.
- ณวรรณวดี แก้วผลึก. แรงบดเคี้ยวในโครงสร้างกะโหลกศีรษะและใบหน้าแบบต่างๆ [วิทยานิพนธ์]. กรุงเทพมหานคร: มหาวิทยาลัยมหิดล; 2543.
- Articles in press
- Swasdison S, Apinhasmit W, Siri-upatham C, Tungpisityotin M, Pateepasen R, Suppipat N, et al. Chemical sterilization for barrier membranes is toxic to human gingival fibroblasts. J Dent Assoc Thai. In press 2000.
- สุพจน์ ตามสายลม, วันดี อภิณหสมิต,ชนินทร์ เตชะประเสริฐวิทยา, วนิดา ลีลาวัฒนาพงษ์, นิตยา โชติกเสถียร. ผลกระทบต่อรากฟันของหัวขูดหินน้ำลายสำหรับเครื่องอัลตราโซนิกส์ในการกำจัดหินน้ำลายใต้เหงือก. ว ทันต. กำลังรอรับการตีพิมพ์ 254
- Electronic format
- Morse SS. Factors in the emergence of infectious diseases. Emerg infect Dis [Internet].1995Jan-Mar [cited 1996Jun 5]; 1(1): [24screens]. Available from: URL:http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/EID/eid.htm.
- Monograph in electronic format
- CDI, clinical dermatology illustrated [monograph on CD-ROM]. Recves JRT, Maibach H. CMEA Multimedia Group, producers. 2nd ed. Version 2.0. San Diago: CMEA; 1995.
- Kimaru J, Shibasaki H, editors. Recent advances in clinical neurophysiology. Proceedings of the 10thInternational Congress of EMG and Clinical Neuro physology; 1995 Oct 15-19; Kyoto, Japan. Amsterdam: Elsevier; 1996.
Manuscript preparation is similar to the original article which contains abstract, introduction, case report, discussion, conclusion and references.
Manuscript preparation is similar to the original article which contains abstract, introduction, a review, discussion, conclusion, and references.
The acceptance criteria for all papers are the quality and originality of the research and its significance to journal readership. Appropriate papers are sent to at least two independent referees for evaluation. Authors are encouraged to suggest reviewers of international standing. Manuscripts are peer reviewed using a double-blinded review system. Manuscripts will only be sent to review if the Editor-in-Chief determines that the paper meets the appropriate quality and relevance requirements. Referees advise on the originality and scientific merit of the paper; the Editor in Chief and editorial board, decide on publication. The Editor-in-Chief’s decision is final.
Copyright Terms & Conditions
It is a legal requirement for The Online Journal of Thai Association of Orthodontists to receive either a signed Copyright Transfer Agreement (CTA) or an Exclusive License Agreement (ELA) before publication of your contribution can proceed. If excerpts from copyrighted works owned by third parties are included, credit must be shown in the contribution. It is the author’s responsibility to also obtain written permission for reproduction from the copyright owners. The corresponding author should transfer all copyright ownership of the manuscript to this journal on behalf of all authors of the paper, which should be declared in a cover letter.
Page proofs should be carefully proofread for any copyediting or typesetting errors. Online guidelines are provided within the system. Authors should also make sure that any renumbered tables, figures, or references match text citations and that figure legends correspond with text citations and actual figures. The editor has the right not to consider publishing a submitted article until it is properly proofread.