Needs of Preparation for the Thailand Nursing Council Licensure Examination of Nursing Students of the Southern College of Nursing Network, Praboromarajchanok Institute
ความต้องการต่อการเตรียมความพร้อม ในการสอบขึ้นทะเบียนฯ ของนักศึกษาพยาบาลศาสตร์ สังกัดสถาบันพระบรมราชชนก เครือข่ายภาคใต้
A mixed method research design was used in this study. The objectives were: 1) to explore the needs of preparation for license examination set by Thai Nursing Council of the nursing students in the third and fourth years of Bachelor of Nursing Science degree programs of Southern College of Nursing Network, regarding to the year of study and academic achievement, 2) to analyze the indicators of preparation for license examination, and 3) to study problems and obstacles of preparation for license examination. Probability sampling method using random sampling without replacement was employed. 316 nursing students in the third and fourth years of Bachelor of Nursing Science degree programs of Southern College of Nursing Network were recruited in the study. The research instruments were the needs of preparation for license examination questionnaire with a reliability of .87 and the focus group discussion interview guide. Quantitative data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, independent t-test, and confirmatory factor analysis. Qualitative data were categorized and analyzed using content analytic method.
The research results were as follows:
- A comparative statistics of independent t-test showed non-significant differences between the third and fourth years of nursing study (p< .05).
- A comparative statistics of independent t-test showed significant differences between the academic achievements of nursing students (p< .001).
3. The confirmatory factor analyses of the needs of preparation for license examination revealed good indicators both in classroom and outside classroom. The best indicator of in classroom was the wanting to go back to nursing dormitory for reading books after finishing class. The best indicator of outside classroom was the need of teacher's teaching technique to remember critical contents
2. Thailand Nursing and Midwifery Council. The Professional Nursing and Midwifery Act (No. 2) [online]. 2017 [cited 2017/7/19]. Available from http://web.krisdika.go.th/data/law/law2/%C730/%C730-20-2540-002.htm (in Thai)
3. Kunaviktikul, W., Klunklin, A., Chontawan, R., & Athaseri, S. Factors Related to the Results of Nursing and Obstetric License Tests. Journal of Nursing Council, 2012; 27(3): 11-28. (in Thai)
4. Rungnoei, N., Uthaithum, N., Hongthong, K., & Taeochantuek, S. Graduated Nurses’ Experiences on Self-development for Nursing & Midwifery Licensure Examination of Nursing College under the Ministry of Public Health. Journal of Nursing Division, 2016; 43(3): 76-91. (in Thai)
5. Wattananon, Y., Vonnasathid, V., Duanglomchan, V., Sarakong, C., & Yingpattanaphan, W. Predictors of License Examination of New Graduates in 2010, Faculty of Nursing, Mahidol University. Journal of Nursing Science, 2010; 29(2): 65-72.
6. Kongkar, R., Charoenkitkarn, V., Tosuksri, W., & Sareewiwatthana, P. Factors Affecting the Result of Nursing Licensure Examination among Bachelor Graduates from Faculty of Nursing, Mahidol University. Journal of Nursing and Education, 2016; 30(3): 81-92. (in Thai)
7. Dumrongpakapakorn, P., Thongon, R., Arayasilapathon, N., Chaipunha, N., & Uthaisang, A. The Experiences of Nursing Students Studying at Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Nakhon Phanom when Preparing for the Nursing Licensure Examination. The Journal of Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Nakhonratchasima, 2013; 19(1): 5-17. (in Thai)
8. Janepanish Visudtibhan, P. & Disorntatiwat, P. Learning Style Preferences of Nursing Students at Ramathibodi School of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Nursing Journal of the Ministry of Public Health, 2015; 25(1): 70-82. (in Thai)
9. Jamjan, L., Artsuntae, J., & Somjit, S. Attitudes and Inspiration of Nursing Students at Saint Louis College. Nursing Journal of the Ministry of Public Health, 2015; 25(3): 199-208. (in Thai)
10. Iamsupasit, S. Theories and Techniques in Behavior Modification. 8th ed. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University Press, 2013. (in Thai)