Factors Influencing to Volunteering Behaviors of 1st Year Health Science Students
ปัจจัยที่มีอิทธิพลต่อพฤติกรรมจิตอาสาของนิสิตชั้นปีที่ 1 สายวิทยาศาสตร์สุขภาพ
This descriptive research has an aim to study volunteering behaviors of 1st years health science students. The sample group consisted of 1st year health science students from Faculty of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Dentistry, and Faculty of Physical Therapy. Number of the samples was 245, selected by stratify random sampling. The tools used in this study composing of 1) Volunteer Behavior Measurement with reliability at 0.85, 2) Self-capability Perception Measurement with reliability at 0.89, 3) Volunteer Attitude Test with reliability at 0.80, 4) Self-esteem Test with reliability at 0.90 5), Volunteering Incentive Test with reliability at 0.88, 6) Volunteer Modeling Existence Test with reliability at 0.84, and 7) Social Support Measurement with reliability at 0.74. Data collection was conducted during October and November, 2017; and the data were analyzed with these statistical methods: frequency, mean, average, standard deviation, and Stepwise Multiple Correlation and Regression.
The result of this study showed that the overall level of volunteering behaviors was high and found psychosocial factors positively associated volunteering behaviors with statistical significance, by the factor highest associated with volunteering behaviors was self-capacity perception, while the psychosocial factors with predictability for volunteering behaviors consisted of self-capability perception, volunteering attitude and social support, they can explained totally 42% (Adjusted R2= 0.42, p <0.05)
Therefore, to implant volunteering values into hearts of health science students importantly should be through the enhancement of self-capability perception, volunteering attitude raising and social support provision that could arouse higher awareness and deliver much more volunteering behaviors.
2. Choochom, O., Sukharom, A., Srijindarat, U. Research report on Analyzing Psychosocial Factors Associating Cognitive and Quality of Life of Thai youth, Behaviors Research Institute, Srinakharinwirot University; 2006. (InThai)
3. Wongyai, V. Volunteer in Teaching Profession Encyclopedia, Loyal Honouring for His Majesty King Phumiphol on the Occasion of His 7th Cycle Birthday Anniversary, 5 December 2011. Bangkok: Office of the Secretary General of Teachers Council; 2012. (In Thai)
4. Wikipedia. Health Science [online].2018 [cited 2018 Aug 5]. Available from:
http://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health Science; 2018
5.Bandura, A. Social Learning Theory. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall; 1986.
6.Clary, E. G., et. al. Understanding and Assessing the Motivations of Volunteers: A Functional Approach. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 1998; 74(6): 1516-1530.
7. Wongphitak, T. Psychosocial Factors Affecting Volunteerism Behaviors of Students of Srinakharinwirot University. Master degree thesis (developmental psychology branch). Bangkok: Graduate School, Srinakharinwirot University; 2013. (In Thai)
8. Boonamnueysuk, Y. Study on Good Deed Performance of the Youth for society : Case study on Students of Wat Bowonniwet School. Master Degree Thesis (Social Science for Development). Bangkok: Graduate School. Ban Somdet Chaopraya University; 2002. (In Thai)
9. Wongpinpetch, P. Factors Associated to Volunteering of Students of King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok. Journal of Applied Arts 2010; 3(1): 16. (In Thai)
10. Yamane, T. Statistics: An Introductory Analysis.3rdEd. New York. Harper and Row
11. Boonkaew, S. Psychosocial Factors Associating Volunteering Behaviors of Red Cross Youth in Bangkok Metropolitan. Master degree thesis. (Behaviors Research). Bangkok: Graduate School, Srinakharinwirot University; 2013.(In Thai)
12.Bandura, A. Self-Efficacy : Toward a Unify Theory of Behavior Change. Psychology Review. 1977; 84(2).
13. Yodrabam, S. Integrated Causal Factors among the Village, Educational Institute, and Mental Characteristics Associated with Intention to take responsibility for Family of Bachelor Degree Male Students. master degree thesis, social development branch. Faculty of Social Development, National Institute of Development Administration; 2005. (In Thai)
14. Gurung, T.R. Companion Modeling, Conflict Resolution, and Institution Building: Sharing Irrigation Water in the Lingmuteychu Watershed, Bhutan. Ecology and Society 2006; 11: 49.
15. Nakaseni, S. et al. Factors Influencing to Volunteerism Behaviors of Students of Faculty of Arts, Rajamangala University of Technology Rattanakosin, Nakhon Pathom; 2014. (In Thai)
16. Phansawat, N. Attributes of Nursing Professional Receiving Outstanding Award against the Path of Glory Procreation of the Bodhisattva. Santisuk Paritat Journal, 2016; 4 (2): 120-133. (In Thai)
17. Kabmanee, N., Sukorntawat, W., Katangchol, S. & Mongkolsukontarak, S. Nursing Professional Characteristic Assertiveness and The Academic Achievement of The Fourth Year Student Nurse at Boromrajonani College of Nursing, Udonthani. Journal of MCU Social Science Review 2017; 6 (2), 161-172. (In Thai)