Needs and received need response among family with emergency abdominal surgery patient at Savannakhet Hospital, Lao’s people Democratic Republic
Keywords:Needs, Responded, Abdominal surgery, Patients, Families
1. Sompitayanuruk N. The Nursing Care of surgery. Thailand Chulalongkorn Unversity,2010. (in Thai)
2. Gan TJ, Habib AS, Miller TE, White W, Apfelbaum JL. Incidence, patient satisfaction and perceptions of post-surgical pain: Results from a US national survey. Curr Med Res Opin 2014; 30(1):149-160.
3. Luckmann J, Sorensen KC. Medical-surgical nursing: A psychophysiologic approach. 4thed. Philadelphia W.B. Saunders.1994.
4. Pinto A, Faiz O, Davis R, Almoudaris A, Vincent C. Surgical complications and their impact on patients' psychosocial well-being: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ Open 2016; 6(2):1-23
5. Sorensen LT, Malaki A, Wille-Jorgensen P, Kallehave F, Kjærgaard J, Hemmingsen U, et al. Risk factors for mortality and postoperative complications after gastrointestinal surgery. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery [database on the Internet].2007;11(7): 903–10 [cited 2017 May 8]. Available from: https://goo.gl/ztQlqW
6. Weissman C, Klein N. The importance of differentiating between elective and postoperative critical care patients. Journal of Critical Care [database on the Internet]. 2008;23(3): 308-16 [cited 2017 May 8]. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcrc.2007.10.039
7. Bouras, Burns, Howell, Bagnall, Lee, Athanasiou, et al. Systematic review of the impact of surgical harm on quality of life after general and gastrointestinal surgery. Ann Surg [database on the Internet]. 2014; 260(6):975-83[cited 2017 May 8]. Available from : https://goo.gl/9kXzxK
8. Symons N. Emergency Error [database on the Internet]. 2013[cited 2017 May 8]. Available from: https://psnet.
9. Vester-Andersen, Waldau, Wetterslev, Moller, Rosenberg, Jorgensen, et al. Randomized multicentre feasibility trial of intermediate care versus standard ward care after emergency abdominal surgery (InCare trial) [database on the Internet]. 2015; 102(6)[cited 2017 May 8]. Available from : https://doi.org/10.1002/bjs.9749
10. Friedman M.M, Bowden VR, Jones J.G. Family Nursing: Research, Theory, and Practice. 5thed. New Jersey: Upper Saddle River.11. 2003.
12. Molter N. C. Needs of relatives of critically ill patients: A descriptive study. Heart and Lung 1979; 8(2): 332-39.
13. หน่วยงานสถิติ. (2015). สถิติผู้ใช้บริการโรงพยาบาลแขวงสะหวันนะเขต 2011-2015.
14. Vongkamnan P. Needs and need responses of patients after abdominal surgery, metta private ward, Lampang Hospital. [Master Independent study]. ChiangMai : ChangMai University. 2008. (in Thai)
15. Siri A. Nursing care needs and responses of postoperative emergency abdominal patients, Maetang Hospital, Chiang Mai [Master Independent study]. ChiangMai : Changmai University. 2005. (in Thai)
16. Hsiao PR, Redley B, Hsiao YC, Lin CC, Han CY, Lin H.R. Family needs of critically ill patients in the emergency department. International Emergency Nursing [database on the Internet]. 2017;30 (1): 3-8 [cited 2017 May 14]. Available from.: http: //10.1016/j.ienj.
17. Maxwell K E, Stuenkel D, Saylor C. Needs of family members of critically ill patients: A comparison of nurse and family perceptions. Heart and Lung 2007;36(5):357-76
18. Bowmethope V. Alternative: Needs and need responses of family members in the surgical intensive care unit, Uttaradit Hospital. [Master Independent study]. ChiangMai : ChangMai University. 2008. (in Thai)
19. Pongam S, Kunsongkeit W, Duanrpaeng S. (2556).Family members’ needs and need responses during waiting time for patients’ undergoing major emergency surgeries. The journal of Faculty of Nursing Burapha University 2012; 20(3): 85-96. (in Thai)
20. Vichittragoonthavon S, Imsa-njuan K, Sucamvang K. Needs and Received Need Responses among Elderly Patients and Familiesin Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital. Nursing journal 2013;40(1): 35-46. (in Thai)
21. Kreagel J.M, Moussen P, Goldsonith G, Arara R. Patient needs: Patient care systems. Philadelphia: J. B.Lippincott. 1974.
22. Leske J S. Intervention to decrease family anxiety: Protocols for practice. Critical Care Nurse 2002; 22(6): 61-65.
23. Sawasdipanich N, Tiansawad S. Instrument Translation for Cross-Cultural Research: Technique and Issues to be Considered. Thail Journal of Nursing Council 2011; 26(1), 19-28.
24. Srisaat B. Basic of Research 8th ed. Suveeriyasarn in Thailand; 2010.
25. Washington GT. (2001). Family advocates: Caring for families in crisis. Dimension Critical Care Nurse 2001;20(1): 36-40
How to Cite
The Journal of Nursing Science and Health is copyright holder of published articles. Distributions of articles published in Journal of Nursing Science and Health including online, photocopying which is not for teaching-learning purpose, publication submission elsewhere are prohibited except obtaining permission from the Journal of Nursing Science and Health.