Main Article Content
The purpose of this research was to develop and set standards for nurse anesthetists’ competency scale in Phramongkutklao hospital. The research was conducted in two main phases. The first phase was consisted of 2 steps. The first step was to explore and to select the essential nurse anesthetists’ competency by using focus group.The second step was to construct the competency scale by using the Behaviorally Rubrics score, testing the content validity index by 7 experts, then testing the quality of the instrument by inter-rater reliability and Hoyt, s analysis of variance, which was tested by 7 nursing anesthetists directors, 45 nurse anesthetists. The second phase was to cut-off point by 7 nurse anesthetists’ experts. The results are as follows: The nurse anesthetists’ competency scale in Phramongkutklao hospital consisted of 6 domains 43 items. The 6 domains are patient care before anesthesia(7items), patient care between anesthesia(13items), patient care after anesthesia(8items),use and maintain medical equipment(5items), coordinate communication(5items), develop quality(5items). The quality-testing results of instrument are as follow; CVI is 1, inter-rater reliability is .96 and Hoyt, s analysis of variance is .99. The cutting point of nurse anesthetists’ competency scale in Phramongkutklao hospital is T38.87
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
บทความหรือข้อคิดเห็นใดใดที่ปรากฏในวารสารพยาบาลทหารบกเป็นวรรณกรรมของผู้เขียน ซึ่งบรรณาธิการหรือสมาคมพยาบาลทหารบก ไม่จำเป็นต้องเห็นด้วย
The ideas and opinions expressed in the Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses are those of the authors and not necessarily those
of the editor or Royal Thai Army Nurses Association.
2. Yonchoho N,Luangamomlert S,Chintanadilok N. Development of strategic management practice instrument in nursing organizational at tertiary level hospitals under the ministry of public health. Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses.2018; 19(2): 382-391.(in Thai)
3. Nurse Anesthetist Division. Handbook of Nursing Administration. Pramongkutklao Hospital; 2017.(in Thai)
4. Samitthikrai C. Employee selection and Performance Appraisal. 2nded. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University; 2007. (in Thai)
5. Srisatidnarakul B. Development and validation of research instrument. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University; 2012.(in Thai)
6. Srisatidnarakul B. The methodology in nursing research.5thed. Bangkok: You & I Media Company Limited ; 2010. (in Thai)
7. Sirasukhon K. Rubric Scoring Rubrics.Bangkok : bureau of academic affairs and educational standards thailand; 2007. (in Thai)
8. Jaikordee P. Relationships between personal factors, job characteristics, organizational climate, and quality of working life of anesthetist nurses, government hospitals in Bangkok Metropolis [thesis]. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University; 2010.(in Thai)
9. Bureau of Nursing Office of Permanent Secretary Ministry of Public Health. Nursing Quality Assurance:The Quality of anesthesia Services. Nontaburi: Samjareon Phanich Company Limited; 2011.(in Thai)
10. American Association of Nurse Anesthetists. Continued Competency professional practice; 2010.
11. Canadian Nurses Association. Exam Blueprint and Specialty Competencies; 2013.
12. Thailand Nursing and Midwifery Council. Competencies of Registered Nurses. Bangkok: Siriyod Karnpim Company Limited; 2008. (in Thai)
13. Wongwanich S. Performance testing. 4thed. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University; 2004. (in Thai)
14. Springer P, et al. Rating nursing performance based on behaviors. Journal of nursing administration. 1998; 28(1): 39-45.
15. Pothisan P. Authentic Assessment. Encylopedia of Education Srinakharinwirot University. 2006; 36: 7-11.(in Thai)
16. Jaipinich W. The Development Of Nurse Anesthetist Competency Scale, Rajavithi Hospital. [thesis].Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University; 2014. (in Thai)
17. Muntraporn N. Development of Thai Nurse Anesthetist : Diplomate Thai Board of Advance Practice Nursing Anesthesia. Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Practice. 2014;1:66-71. (in Thai)
18. Rassametummachot S. Strategic HRM with Competency-Based. 2nd. Bangkok: Amarin Printing & Publishing Public Company Limited; 2008. (in Thai)