Main Article Content
The purposes of this descriptive research were 1) to examine the stress of the first year nursing students in National College and Private University and 2) to study the relationships between factors and stress in the first year nursing students in National College and Private University. The samples group consisted 161 nursing students who were studying in the first year in National College and Private University. The research tools composed of a questionnaire about factors of correlation with stress and a questionnaire Suanpung Stress test-20 (SPST-20). The reliability each categories of the questionnaires were .69 - .86 using Cronbach’s Alpha Coefficient. The data was analyzed by using frequencies, percentages, means, standard deviation and Pearson’s product moment correlation coefficient.
The results found that the stress of the first year nursing students score in National College and Private University were severe and high level. The high correlation with the stress was found relationship with classmate (M = 3.58, SD = 0.59). The moderate correlation with the stress were found; teaching and learning management (M = 3.11, SD = 0.72) and study skill (M = 3.08, SD = 0.74). The relationships between all of factors and stress in the first year nursing students with the significant level .05
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
บทความหรือข้อคิดเห็นใดใดที่ปรากฏในวารสารพยาบาลทหารบกเป็นวรรณกรรมของผู้เขียน ซึ่งบรรณาธิการหรือสมาคมพยาบาลทหารบก ไม่จำเป็นต้องเห็นด้วย
The ideas and opinions expressed in the Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses are those of the authors and not necessarily those
of the editor or Royal Thai Army Nurses Association.
2. Chaisrisuk V. How to reduce stress. Bangkok: Akson Samai Printing House; 2006. (in Thai)
3. Department of mental health, Ministry of public health. Ministry of public health to reveal “Stress problem” the reigning consult hot line 1323 champion in 2017, worker use 10 ways to reduce stress. [Website] 2018. Available from: Ministry of public health to reveal “Stress problem” the reigning consult hot line 1323 champion in 2017, worker use 10 ways to
reduce stress.htm. (in Thai)
4. Sihawong S, et al. Factors causing to stress of nursing students, Ubonratchatani university. HCU Journal of Health Science 2018;21(42): 93-106. (in Thai)
5. Department of mental health, Ministry of public health. Handbook of Relax stress (New revised edition). Bangkok: The war veterans organization of Thailand; 2012. (in Thai)
6. Tunsamai S. Alternative: Factors affecting on anxiety of profession teacher of undergraduate students of faculty of education of Valaya Alongkorn under Royal Patronage Rajabhat university in changwat Pathumtani. Thesis for the master of Education degree in Educational psychology, Srinakharinwirot University; 2005. (in Thai)
7. Boonpume N. Alternative: Stress and coping of Thai traditional medicine students of Rajamangala University of Technology Thanyburi. Thesis for the master of Sciences degree, Silpakorn University; 2010. (in Thai)
8. Chantarasena T. Stress of freshmen at Srinakarinwirot university. Thesis for the master of Education degree in Higher
Education, Srinakharinwirot university; 2012. (in Thai)
9. Iamwattanaseri N. Mental health and associated factors in first-year undergraduate students in a government university in Bangkok. Thesis for degree of Master of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University; 2013. (in Thai)
10. Khanthakhuarn N. Stress and related-factors of the first year undergraduate students of Chulalongkorn University. Thesis for degree of Master of Science program in mental Health, Chulalongkorn University; 2015. (in Thai)
11. Wongprach B. Factors related to stress and coping stress of nursing students in the royal thai army nursing college. Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses 2018;19(2),201-210. (in Thai)
12. Taro Yamane. Statistics: An introductory analysis 3rd Ed. New York. Harper and Row Publications; 1973.
13. Saelao U. Stress and adjustment of the first year undergraduate students of Srinakharinwirot university. Thesis for the master of Science degree in Health Education, Srinakharinwirot university; 2007. (in Thai)
14. Mahatnirunkul S, Pumpaisalchai W, Tapanya P. Construction of suanprung stress test-20. Complete research. Chiangmai: Suanprung hospital; 1997. (in Thai)
15. Seaward, B. L. (1999). The nature of stress: college student. Principles and Strategies for Health and Wellbeing. Toronto: Jone and Bartlett.
16. Jingmark S. Prevalence and management of stress among the first year student at Udonthani Ratjabhat university. Community Health Development Quarterly Khonkaen University 2018;6(1):43-58. (in Thai)
17. Wattanasin S. Perceived stress level and sources of stress among nursing students at faculty of nursing, Burapha University. The Journal of Faculty of Nursing Burapha University 2010;18(1),47-59. (in Thai)
18. Wasi P. Ways to reduce stress. Bangkok: Moh-Chao-Ban Publishing House; 2006. (in Thai)
19. Chaleoykitti S, Chewsothon S, Butpunya Y. Effectiveness of the integrated academic service and teaching- learning arrangement in psychiatric nursing practicum course to psychiatric nursing practice competency in army nursine. Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses 2017;18(3):144-152. (in Thai)
20. Pongauksorn P. Learning in the 21st century: Lesson learned from plipped classroom. Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses 2018;19(2):47-54. (in Thai)