Learning Style of Faculty of Nursing, Khon Kaen University
This survey study aimed to study the opinions of students towards the learning style of the Faculty of Nursing. Khonkaen University The samples were 116 nursing students of the Faculty of Nursing, academic year 2018. Data were collected by using questionnaires for theoretical and practical teaching. And suggestions for the development of teaching and learning Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics and content analysis. The results of the study found that the sample group agreed that the development of teaching and learning management both in theory and in practice should be assigned appropriately and the workload should be assigned to reduce the stress of students. Including the development of a teaching and learning model by using digital technology in systematic learning
Keywords : Learning Style , Nursing students ,Stress of nursing students
1. Panich, V.( 2011). The method for 21th century.Bangkok: Thai SSF. ( in Thai)
Phawana Kiratiayutwong, Suwannee Mahakainan, NariratBunnate, and Vachariyakorn Angprasatchai. 2015.Learning styles of nursing students Burapa university. Ramathibodi Nursing,21 (3): 382-394. (in Thai)
2. Chris, G., et. al. (2010). Stress, coping and satisfaction in nursing students .Journal of Advanced Nursing, 67(3), 621-632
3. Clark, S.D. & Latsaw, C.A.(2012).Effects of learning styles/ teaching styles and effort on performance in accounting and marketing courses. World Journal of Management, 4(1): 67-68.
4. Craven, R. F. and Hirnle, C. J. (2013). Fundamental of nursing: Human health and functions. Philadelphia : Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
5. Division of Student. (2016). Nursing Student Incident Report. Praboromarajchanok Institute for Health Work force Development. Bangkok: Nonthaburi.
6. Guo,Y., et al. (2013). The design and testing of a caring teaching model based on the theoretical framework of caring in the Chinese context : A mixed- method study. Nurse Education Today,33, 912- 918.
7. Kirwan, A. & Adams, J. (2009). Students’ view of enquiry – based learning in a continuing profession development module. Nurse Education Today,29, 448 – 455.
8. Kolb, D.A. (1984). Experiential learning : Experience as the source of learning and development. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
9. Kragelund, L. (2011). Student nurse’ learning processes in interactive with psychiatric patients: A qualitative investigation. Nurse Education in Practice, 11, 260 – 267.
10. Lazarus, R.S. and Folkman, S. (1984). Stress appraisal and coping. New York : Springer
11. Lertsakornsiri, M., et. al. (2012). Factors Associated with the Performance of Clinical Practice in Obstetrics Nursing Among Nursing Students in Private Institutions..Journal of Nursing Science & Health, 32(2), 90-99. (in Thai)
12. Lertsakornsiri, M. (2015). The Stress, Stress Management of Nursing Students during Practice in the Labor Room. Kuakarun Journal of Nursing, 22(1), 7-16. (in Thai)
13. Limthongkul, M. and Aree-Ue S. (2009). Sources of Stress, Coping Strategies, and Outcomes among Nursing Students during their Initial Practice. Rama Nurse Journal, 15(2),192- 205. (in Thai)
14. Lofmark, A., Carlsson, M., and Wikblad, K. (2001). Student nurses’ perception of independence of supervision during clinical nursing practice. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 10, 86-93
15. Namakunka, A., et. al. (2008). Stress and Factors Inducing Stress in Nursing Students During Nurses Practice on Wards.Nursing Journal, 35(2), 26-36. (in Thai)
16. Chaiyavichit, S. (2009). Influencing Factors of Stress and stress coping among nursing students of Phrapokklao Nursing College, Chonthaburi. Journal of Phrapokklao Nursing college. 20(2), 49-58.(in Thai)
17. Poonsuk Jenpanichvisuthiphan, and Pornsidi Sorathiwat. (2015). Learning styles of nursing students Ramathibodi Nursing School Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital Mahidol University.Journal of Nursing, Ministry of Public Health,25 (1): 70-82. (in Thai)
18. Siriporn Nanthaseni, Srisuda Wongwisetkun, Philaiporn Sukcharoen, Laddawan Teangkura. (2018). Development of teaching and learning process for nursing students. Mahidol University, Suan Dusit. Journal of Boromarajonani College of Uttaradit, 10, (2): 166-179. (in Thai)
19. Ying Tao et al. (2015). Development of a nursing education program for improving Chinese undergraduates' self-directed learning: A mixed-method study. Nurse Education Today, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online DOI: 10.1016/j.nedt.2015.05.016.
Copyright (c) 2020 Journal of Nursing Science and Health
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.