Main Article Content
This phenomenological research aimed to describe the achievement experience in career advancement development of Registered nurse, senior professional level in Srinagarind Hospital. Hermeneutic phenomenology was employed as research methodology. Participants were 38 of Registered nurse, senior professional level in Srinagarind Hospital, selected by purposive sampling. Data were collected by in – depth interview, focus group and field record. Data analysis was conducted following the guideline of Dikelmann (1992).
The results showed that meaning of advancement and achievement experience in career advancement development of Registered nurse, senior professional level in Srinagarind Hospital were composed of six themes. 1) The meaning of advancement 2) The path to achievement 3) Conditions for achievement 4) Conditions that hinder achievement 5) Overcoming obstacles and 6) The result of achievement. Results from this study will be information for the management leading to the development of personnel for further progress in the profession.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
job retention of professional nurses at the Northeast Regional Hospitals, Ministry
of Public Health. Thai J Nurs Council. 2011; 26(4): 43 – 54. (in Thai)
2. Sudjit S, Chairatana P. Quality of working life of professional nurses: a case study
of BMA general hospital . J Interdisc Res : Grad Stud. 2013; 2(2): 181 –95. (in Thai)
3. Lwandee P, Amrumpai Y. Job motivation and job satisfaction among nurses in
Banphaeo Hospital Public Organization. Kuakarun J Nurs. 2015;22(1): 48 – 59.
4. Srivasnodom S, Junsom N. Factors affecting professional successfulness among
Royal Thai Army Nurse: a case study of Phramongkutkloa Hospital. J Financ, Invest
Market, Business Manag. 2014; 4(3): 1 – 26. (in Thai)
5. Lerdnok P. Psychological factors affecting performance of the medical personnel in
private hospital in Nakhon Ratchasima Municipality. SSRU Grad Stud J. 2016;
2(2):104 –12. (in Thai)
6. Thonglim T. Factors personals and development environment to the development
of career advancement of employees university supporting staff, Western Rajabhat
Universities. [Master Thesis of Arts Program in Public and Private Management].
Nakhon Pathom : The Graduate School, Silpakorn University; 2015. (in Thai)
7. Moungpim N. Progressing and steadiness of the part time employees in pubic
organization. In: Congress and the National Research 3rd decade into two: an
integrated, Research based knowledge to sustainability; 2016 Jun 17; Nakhon
Ratchasima. Nakhon Ratchasima: Nakhon Ratchasima College; 2016. 145 –52.
8. Noppanatwongsakorn R, Sarsuvan C, Sekekul S. Factors affecting to the career path
of the bureaucrat of Academic Sector. Case study: Office of National Buddhism
Center. The 3rd SAU National Interdisciplinary Conference 2016; June 23, 2016
Richmond Stylish Convention; Nonthaburi. Nonthaburi: Southeast Asian University;
2016. (in Thai)
9. Supaphol S, Luekitinan W. The commitment to develop a career path of academics
staffs at Rajamangala University of Technology Suvarnabhumi. J Thonburi Univ. 2017;
11(25): 78 – 87. (in Thai)
10. Chiamphongphan C, Siritarungsri B, Prombuasri P .Professor Dr Veena Jirapaet’s
experience: Lessons on the highest achievement in the nursing profession. Thai
J Nurs Council. 2015; 30(4): 121 –31. (in Thai)
11. Charoengid W, Oumtanee A.Experience of role transition from a head of department
to a manager of nursing division in private hospital. J Royal Thai Army Nurs.
2017; 18(Suppl): 138 -46. (in Thai)
12. Someran L, Am – Ugsor S, Sastsara S, Supaphol S. Promoting career advancement
and career stability for the caregiver. J Thonburi Univ. 2018; 12(29): 119 – 34.
13. Koekemoer E. An explorative study on factors influencing the career success of
management employees. SA J Ind Psychol. 2014; 40(2):1–10.
14. Nursing Service Division, Srinagarind Hospital. Personnel information of Nursing
Service Division, Srinagarind Hospital, January 31, 2019. Khon Kaen: Faculty of
Medicine, Khon Kaen University; 2019. (in Thai)
15. Diekelmann NL. Learning-as-testing: a Heideggerian hermeneutical analysis of the
lived experiences of students and teachers in nursing. Adv Nurs Sci.1992; 14(3):72-
16. Maslow A. H. Motivation and Personality (2nd ed). New York: Harper & Row; 1970.
17. Hill N. The Law of Success in Sixteen Lessons [Internet]. 1928 [cited 2019 Jun 22].
Available from: https://archive. org/details/Law_Of_Success_in_16_Lessons.
18. Kukkong K, Eungpuang A. A path of success in administration of feminine
administrator under the office of Secondary Education Service Area 25. J Educ Grad
Stud Res. 2014; 8(3): 216 – 25. (in Thai)