The effects of a supportive - educative program with infographics and a handbook on caregivers’ caring behaviors for school-age thalassemia
Keywords:Keywords : supportive - educative program, infographics, handbook, caregivers’ caring behaviors, school-age thalassemia
This quasi-experimental research aimed to study the effects of a supportive - educative program with infographics and a handbook on caregivers’ caring behaviors for school-age thalassemia. The sample was caregiver school-age thalassemia at the Pediatric Department of Khon Kaen hospital. There were 22 caregivers, the 11 people in the experimental group received a supportive-educative program and the 11 people in the control group received conventional nursing care. The research instruments were the general information interview form, an interview about caregivers’ caring behaviors for
using the frequency, percentage, mean, standard deviation and t-test. The results were as follows: after experiment, the experimental group’s mean of caring behaviors was significantly higher than in the control group and higher than before intervention.
2. Viprakasit V. Comprehensive management for thalassemia. J Hematol Transfus Med 2013; 23(4): 303-20. (in Thai)
3. Fucharoen S, et al, editors. Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of thalassemia. Bangkok: P.A. living limited; 2014. (In Thai)
4. Jetsrisuparb A. Holistic thalassemia. Khon Kaen: Khon Kaen University; 2009. (In Thai)
5. Behdani F, Badiee Z, Hebrani P, Moharreri F, Badiee HA, Hajivosugh N, et al. Psychological aspects in children and adolescents with major thalassemia: A case-control study. Iran J Pediatr 2015; 25(3): 1-8.
6. Teerarungsikul N, Sananreangsak S. Self-management experiences of children with thalassemia. The Journal of Faculty of Nursing Burapha University 2015; 23(4): 48-60.
7.Moonpanane K. Role of nurses to support self-health care of the school-age children of thalassemia. Journal of Nursing and Education 2013; 6(1): 2-11. (In Thai)
8. Pruthi GK, Singh TB. Psychosocial burden and quality of life in parents of children with thalassemia and cerebral palsy. Delhi psychologist 2010; 2(1): 46-57. (In Thai)
9. Siriboonpipattana P, editors. (2012). Child nursing 1. Nonthaburi: Thanapress Co., Ltd. (In Thai)
10. Hancharoenkun S. Self-care: science and art in nursing. 6th ed. Bangkok: VJ printing; 2001. (In Thai)
11. Chongpornchai J, Tanyasaensook K, Sratthaphut L. Infographic and its applications in health and pharmacy. Thai Bull Pharm Sci 2016; 11(2): 98-120. (In Thai)
12. Mookrod S. Effects of supportive-educative nursing system on maternal care behavior and self-care behaviors of school age children with thalassemia [master’s thesis]. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University; 2008. (In Thai)
13. Orem DE. Nursing: Concept of practice. 6th Ed. St Louis: Mosby Year Book; 2001.
14. Intaratayvee T. Thai people’s attitude towards infographics and texts as mean of communication for social campaigns [master of arts]. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University; 2013. (In Thai)
15. Suttirat C. 80 Innovative learning management that focuses on learners. Bangkok: Danx inter corporation; 2009. (In Thai)
16. Piasupan R, Thanattheerakul C. The effects of educative supportive program using VCD and handbook on caregivers’ caring behaviors for school age epilepsy. Journal of nursing science & health 2017; 40(2): 11-21. (In Thai)
17. Srisa-ard B. Teaching development. 2nd ed. Bangkok: Children's Club; 1998. (In Thai)
18. Siripoon P, Tangvoraphonkchai J. Effects of a supportive educative program on care behavior of beginning to end stage leukemic school age children’s dependent care agents 2014; 37(2): 48-56. (In Thai)
19. Meemoo S, Tangvoraphonkchai J. The effects of educative and supportive program on maternal care behavior with low birth weight preterm infants in the intermediate care unit at Srinagarind hospital 2017; 40(4): 21-30. (In Thai)
How to Cite
The Journal of Nursing Science and Health is copyright holder of published articles. Distributions of articles published in Journal of Nursing Science and Health including online, photocopying which is not for teaching-learning purpose, publication submission elsewhere are prohibited except obtaining permission from the Journal of Nursing Science and Health.