M, ประสบการณ์อาการความบกพร่องการทำหน้าที่ด้านเพศสัมพันธ์ วิธีการจัดการ และคุณภาพชีวิตในผู้ป่วยมุสลิมโรคไตเรื้อรังระยะสุดท้ายที่ได้รับการบำบัดทดแทนไต
This descriptive research aimed to examine sexual dysfunction experience, management strategies and quality of life in Muslim patients with end stage renal disease receiving renal replacement therapy, and to examine the relationship between sexual dysfunction experiences and quality of life in Muslim patients with end stage renal disease receiving renal replacement therapy. The samples of the study were Muslim patients with end-stage renal disease receiving hemodialysis (HD) and continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD). Purposive sampling was used to recruit 85participants. The results showed the following: The overall score of sexual function was mid (M=45.42, SD=5.94). The participants reported the symptoms related to sexual dysfunction (SD) were decreased sexual desire (56.5%). Responses to symptoms included: fatigue (30.6%), irritability (35.3%), and reducing amount of sexual intercourse (44.7%). The most commonly used management strategies were: (1) using various methods of relaxation including: reading the Quran, prayer, and blessing (91.8%), (2) create a comfortable atmosphere suitable for sleep and sexual intercourse was (44.7%) and (3) regular dialysis treatment according to advice from the physicians and nurses (96.5%). The overall score of quality of life was good (M = 3.95, SD = .37). The results showed no significant differences between sexual function experience and quality of life in Muslim patients with end stage renal disease receiving dialysis (r = .18, p = .10).
2. Nephrology Society of Thailand. Thailand renal replacement therapy registry report 2018. Available from: http://www.nephrothai.org/th/trt-annual-report-1/333-annual-report-thailand-renal-replacement-therapy-2007-2014-th.
3. Yodchai K. Chronic kidney disease. In: Thaniwattananon, P, Vachprasit R, editors. Nursing care for adult and elderly patients. Songkhla: NEO POINT; 2016. (In Thai)
4. Puengchompoo W. Nursing care of persons with chronic kidney disease receiving hemodialysis. Chiang Mai; 2016. (In Thai)
5. Stuart S, Booth TC, Cash CJ, Hameeduddin A, Goode JA, Harvey C, et al. Complications of continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis. Radiographics. 2009;29(2):441-60.
6. Prapaiwong P, Sriyuktasuth A, Na Ayuthya, Vongsirimas N. Factors influencing quality of life in women receiving continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis. Princess of Naradhiwas Univesity Jourmal. 2015;7(3): 37-48. (In Thai)
7. Wongsaree CH. Kidney & urinary diseases: medical and surgical nursing care. Bangkok: N P Press Linited Partnership; 2016. (In Thai)
8. Sharma S, Kumar S. Sexual dysfunctions and sexual disorders issues and management. International Journal of Multidisciplinary and Current research. 2016;4:641-45.
9. Thapsamutdechakorn A, Phongnarisorn C. Female Sexual Dysfunction. 2016 [Available from: http://www.med.cmu.ac.th/dept/obgyn/2011/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1262:female-sexual-dysfunction&catid=45&Itemid=561
10. Chamroonroj K, Kusalaruk P. Sexual dysfunctions. In: Lotrakul M, Sukanich P, editors. Ramathibodi Essential Psychiatry. Fourth edition. Bangkok: Department of Psychiatry Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital; 2015. p. 300-15. (In Thai)
11. Papadopoulou E, Varouktsi A, Lazaridis A, Boutari C, Doumas M. Erectile dysfunction in chronic kidney disease: From pathophysiology to management. World Journal of Nephrology. 2015;4(3):379-87.
12. Suzuki E, Nishimatsu H, Oba S, Takahashi M, Homma Y. Chronic kidney disease and erectile dysfunction. World Journal of Nephrology. 2014;3(4):220-29.
13. Palmer BF, Clegg DJ. Gonadal dysfunction in chronic kidney disease. Reviews in Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders. 2017;18(1):117-30.
14. Yazici R, Altintepe L, Guney I, Yeksan M, Atalay H, Turk S, et al. Female sexual dysfunction in peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis patients. Renal Failure. 2009;31(5):360-4.
15. Lai C-F, Wang Y-T, Hung K-Y, Peng Y-S, Lien Y-R, Wu M-S, et al. Sexual dysfunction in peritoneal dialysis patients. American Journal of Nephrology. 2007;27(6):615-21.
16. Tannor EK, Archer E, Kapembwa K, Van Schalkwyk SC, Davids MR. Quality of life in patients on chronic dialysis in South Africa: a comparative mixed methods study. BMC Nephrology. 2017;18(1):1-9.
17. Wongsabut P, Prapaipanich W, Malathum P. Self-care behavior among persons with continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis experiencing complications. Journal of Nursing and Health Care. 2017;35(2):6-15. (in Thai)
18. Wongsaree CH. Perception of and self-management in sexuality dysfunction among male patients with end-stage renal disease receiving hemodialysis. Journal of Nursing Science Chulalongkorn University 2016, 28(3): 55-67. (in Thai)
19. Sriyuktasuth A, Vongsirimas N, Praha N, Prapaiwong P. Quality of life and related factors in women receiving hemodialysis and continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis: a comparative study. Journal of Nursing Science. 2017;35(1):72-84. (in Thai)
20. Abdullah Akh-Chaikawee A. Dominating. 2014 [Available from: https://islamhouse.com/th/articles/453024/.
21. Almunyadid M. Sexual in Islam. 2018. [Available from: http://www.islammore.com/view/4194.
22. Dodd M, Janson S, Facione N, Faucett J, Froelicher ES, Humphreys J, et al. Advancing the science of symptom management. Journal of advanced nursing. 2001;33(5):668-76.
23. World Health Organization. WHOQOL - MEASURING QUALITY OF LIFE 1997 [Available from: http://www.who.int/mental_health/media/68.pdf.
24. Sarakwan J, Sittisongkram S, Boonkerd M, Khrabiad S, Meepaen M. Quality of life in patients with end stage of renal disease. Journal of Phrapokklao Nursing College. 2017;28(2):153-64. (in Thai)
25. Polit DF, Beck CT. Nursing research: Generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2017.
26. Promlek K. Nursing care for the elderly with reproductive and sexual problems. In: Thaniwattananon, P, Vachprasit R, editors. Nursing care for adult and elderly patients. Songkhla: NEO POINT; 2016. (In Thai)
27. Messina LE, Claro JA, Archimedes N, Andrade E, Ortiz V, Srougi M. Erectile dysfunction in patients with chronic renal failure. International Brazilian Journal Urology. 2007;33(5):673-8.
28. Suthirut P, Nima Y. Health service management According to the Muslim way of life, 4 ages: childhood, adolescents, adulthood, and Palliative care. Songkhla: Prince of Songkla University; 2009. (in Thai)
29. Islamic Relations Association of Thailand. Islamic study books According to the basic Islamic compulsory education curriculum (Fudu Aye). Nonthaburi: Islamic Relations Association of Thailand under the Royal Patronage; 2017. (in Thai)
30. Suthirut P, Nima Y. Integrate knowledge Islamic provisions and health promotion: mental health. Songkhla: Prince of Songkla University; 2009. (in Thai)
31. Shaaban J, Daud N, A K, Bakar M. The effect of listening to Al-Quran recitation among uncontrolled hypertensive patient attending primary care clinic, Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia. Malaysian Family Physician. 2014;11(1):4-10.
32. Pak A. Learn sex with the doctor. Bangkok: Bunsiri; 2007. (in Thai)
33. Wongwiwat A. Chronic kidney disease. In: Chearakul N, editor. General internal medicine. Bangkok: Department of Medicine Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital; 2013 p. 446-60. (in Thai)
34. Chuemongkon1 W, Changsirikulchai S, Janma J, Boonnasak C, Leelasubwong T. Self-care knowledge and quality of life in chronic end stage renal disease patients with continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis at HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Medical Center Hospital. Srinagarind Medical Journal. 2017;31(1):47-58. (in Thai)
35. Seethala S, Hess R, Bossola M, Unruh ML, Weisbord SD. Sexual function in women receiving maintenance dialysis. Hemodialysis International. 2010;14(1):55-60.
36. Santos PR, Júnior JRFGC, Cavalcanti JU, Vieira CB, Rocha ARM, Apolônio NAM, et al. Quality of life among women with sexual dysfunction undergoing hemodialysis: a cross-sectional observational study. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. 2012;10(1):1-5.
Copyright (c) 2020 Journal of Nursing Science and Health
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.