THE EFFECTS OF APPRECIATION INFLUENCE CONTROL ON ATTITUDE TOWARDS SMOKING AND INTENTION TO NOT SMOKING AMONG MALE ADOLESCENTS IN FOSTER HOME
Keywords:appreciation influence control (AIC), attitude towards smoking, intention to not smoking
The purpose of this research was to study the effects of the appreciation influence control (AIC) on the attitude towards smoking and the non-smoking intention among male adolescents in the foster homes. The sample was male teenagers aged 14-19 years who were in two foster homes. The fifteen students each were assigned in the experimental group and comparison group. Data were analyzed by descriptive statistics pair t-test and independent t-test
The study found the different means of the non-smoking intention of the experimental group was significantly higher than that of the comparison group at the level of .05 (t = 3.864, p = .001). Moreover the different mean of the experimental group was non significantly lower than the comparison group (t = -1.050, p = .105)
The application focusing on stakeholder’s participation will enhance the intention to not smoking among Thai adolescents effectively.
2. Tobacco control research and knowledge management center. Thailand tobacco control situation in 2018. Bangkok: Jareandeemunkong Publishers; 2018. (in Thai)
3. Sirichodrut N, Puttipinyo C. Tobaccca: policy and control measures for health. Bangkok: Jareandeemunkong Publishers; 2017. (in Thai)
4. Tobacco control research and knowledge management center. Thailand tobacco control situation in 2015. Bangkok: Jareandeemunkong Publishers; 2015. (in Thai)
5. Action on smoking and health foundation. Education campus no smoking
[Internet]. 2010 [cited 2018 Jan 5] Available from:https://resource.thaihealth.or.th /library/hot/12653 (in Thai)
6. Berens, A. & Nelson C. The science of early adversity: is there a role for large institution in the care of vulnerable children. 2nd. The lancet; 2015.
7. Wattanasup W. Participation for organization. Bangkok: King Prajadhipok Institute; 2004. (in Thai)
8. Puttanapong N. Participation skill. Chaing Mai: Siriluk Publishers; 2002. (in Thai)
9. Supakat P, Nuntamongkon S, Tongbai W. Poonpokang S. Effects of implementing an Action plan based on the AIC technique for computer game addiction and health behavior among elementary school students. Nursing Journal of the Ministry of Public Health; 2013: 27(3), 1-13. (in Thai)
10. Yana K, Ruttanakul P, Tongbai W. The effects of an AIC process-based action plan on children’s behaviors in preventing dengue haemorrhagic fever and mosquito larvae index at a shelter. Journal of science and technology 2014; 22(3) 407-418. (in Thai)
11. Fishbein M. An integrative model for behavioral prediction and its application to health promotion. Emerging theories in health promotion practice and research. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass; 2009
12. Thitimatheerat P, Satayavongthip P. The effect of health promotion by application the health belief model and social nonsmoking promoting behavior among Male student in secondary school, Phimai district, Nakon Ratchasima province. [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2018 Jan 5] Available from https://gsbooks.gs.kku.ac.th/58/the34th/pdf/HMO21.pdf
13. Homsin P, Srisuphan R, Pohl J, Tiansawad S, Patumanond J. Predictors of early stages of smoking uptake Thai male adolescents 2006. Thai Journal of Nursing Research; 13: 20-32. (in Thai)
14. Ford K.H., Diamond P. M., Kelder S. H., Sterling K. L, MclAlistex A.L. Validation of Scales Measuring Attitudes, Self-Efficacy, and Intention Related to Smoking Among Middle School 2009: Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 23: 271-278.
15. Satrasat S, Parung P, Chaikulwattana C, Channun N, Chaikulwattana A. The Survey knowledge and attitude of smoking Thai youths. The Clinical Academia 2013; 36(3): 36-45. (in Thai)
16. Senee A, Pantakwan P, Boonrubpayub B. The potential developing program for nurse student leaders on knowledge, attitude toward tobacco and smoke cessation counseling skills in community. Journal Nurse 2013; 62(1): 22-31. (in Thai)
17. Palacheva N, Tiansawat S, Srisuphan W, Wattanarong K, Sonia A. Developmental of an internet-based tobacco smoking prevention program for young male adolescent in Thailand. Pacific Rim international Journal Nursing Research 2014; 18(3): 228-243. (in Thai)
How to Cite
The Journal of Nursing Science and Health is copyright holder of published articles. Distributions of articles published in Journal of Nursing Science and Health including online, photocopying which is not for teaching-learning purpose, publication submission elsewhere are prohibited except obtaining permission from the Journal of Nursing Science and Health.