The effect of the exercise promotion program with the folk V-Exercise innovation on physical fitness, blood sugar levels and depression in the elderly diabetic.
Keywords:โปรแกรมส่งเสริมการออกกำลังกาย นวัตกรรมพื้นบ้าน V-Exercise ผู้สูงอายุที่เป็นโรคเบาหวาน
This research aimed to study the effect of the exercise promotion program with the folk V-Exercise innovation on physical fitness, blood sugar levels and depression in elderly people with diabetes symptom.Folk V-Exercise innovation was developed for using in Bung Loet Sub-district, Roi Et. The sample of 82 people were divided to receive program groups of 41 persons and control group of 41 persons. The results were analyzed by Paired t-test and Independent t-test statistics. After attended the program the Physical fitness, Blood sugar levels and depression of the received program better than before participating in the program and better than the comparison group statistical significant at 0.05. This study is useful for older people with diabetes and can be applied to other elderly chronic diseases to increase physical fitness and decease tension in the elderly.
2. Department of disease control. Diabetes in Thailand. [Internet].2019 [cited 2019 Jan 16].
Available from https:// www .ddc.moph.go.th/index.php.
3. American Diabetes Association. Standards of medical care diabetes2016. [Internet].2016
[cited 2019 Jan 17]. Available from https://care. Diabetesjournals.org (2016)
4. Department of disease control. Diabetes. [Internet].2019 [cited 2019 Jan 17]. Available from
5. Roi-Et Provincial Provincial Public Health. Diabetes in Roi Et Province. [Internet].2018. [cited 2019 Jan
16]. Available from https://cloud.cascap.in.th/project84/report-y61
6. Bung loet Health Promoting Hospital. Chronic patients and complications in Bung Lert Subdistrict, Moei Wadi District. Roi Et : Bung loet Health Promoting Hospital;2019. (in Thai)
7. Bandura A. Self-efficacy in changing Societies. Australia; Chambridge University 1997.
8. Sanithnid S., Banchonhattakit P. Effect of promoting ascetic exercise program for the elderly aging group by applying self efficacy theory and social support in Namphong Districe, Khon Kaen province. Srinagarind Med J 2014 ;29 (3) 304-310 (in Thai)
9. Yingcharoenchai S. thai-people-nearly-5-million-diabetic-patients. [Internet].2018. [cited 2019 Jan 16]. Available from https://thestandard.co.th.
10. KhaoSamphan P, Tipwareerom W, Thojampa S. The EffectsofSocial Support Programon Long - Stick Exercise Behaviors, Body Mass Indexand Blood Sugar Levelamong Older Adultswith Uncontrolled Type2 Diabetes Mellitus. Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences 2018;12(2),140-148. (in Thai)
11. Tripeud K, et.al. A Synthesis of Research of Exercise Influencing GlycemicControl in Persons with Type 2 Diabetes. Rama Nurs 2010;13(2), 259-278. (in Thai)
12. Department of Mental Health. Depression in the elderly. [Internet].2018 [cited 2019 Jan 18]. Available from https://www.dmh.go.th
13. Chirawatkun A. Biostatistics for Health Science. Khon Kaen: Department of Biostatistics and Demography: Faculty of Public Health Khonkaen University.; 2008
14. Rikli, R. & Jones, J. Development and validation of functional fitness test for community-residing
older adults. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity, 7, 129-161;1999.
15. Rikli, R. & Jones, J. Functional fitness normative scores for community-residing older adults, ages 60-94. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity, 7, 162-181; 1999.
16. Rikli, R. & Jones, J. Senior fitness test manual. Champaign: Human Kinetics; 2001.
17. Phuangwarin N, et.al. Thai Geriatric Depression Scale. Siriraj Medical Journal 1994; 46(1), 1-9. (in Thai)
18. Luebunthawatchai O. Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing. Bangkok; 2011
19. Department of health. Thai elderly health promotion. [Internet]. 2011 [cited 2019 Jan 17]. Available from https://hp.anamai.moph.go.thindex.php.
20. Thinchana N, Naka K. Effects of Home Exercise Promoting Program Using a Stretched Rubber Band on the Physical Fitness of the Elderly. Songklanagarind Journal of Nursing 2018; 38(2):70-78. (in Thai)
21. Herring MP, Puetz TW, O’Connor PJ, Dishman RK. Effect of exercise training on depressive
symptoms among patients with a chronic illness: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized
controlled trials. Arch Intern Med;172(2):101-11;2012.
22. Kulvijitkit A, et.al. The effect of yoga on happiness and depression in patients with depression. Srinagarind Med 2009; 24 (Suppl). (in Thai)
How to Cite
The Journal of Nursing Science and Health is copyright holder of published articles. Distributions of articles published in Journal of Nursing Science and Health including online, photocopying which is not for teaching-learning purpose, publication submission elsewhere are prohibited except obtaining permission from the Journal of Nursing Science and Health.