Main Article Content
This Quasi-Experimental Research, aimed to study the effect of sexually transmitted diseases preventing program among the 1st year of high school students in Phon Thong district, Roi Et province. The samples were 60 students in 1st year of high school, were divided into 2 groups that consisted of the experimental group and the comparison group 30 students per group, participated the program for 12 weeks. After the implementation, the results showed that the experimental group had higher mean score of knowledge, attitude and behaviors to sexually transmitted diseases prevention than before the implementation and higher than the comparison group with statistically significant at 0.001 level. This program should be applied to use for the school students in similar contexts.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
2. Bureau Of Epidemiology. Disease surveillance report system Sexually transmitted diseases. 2017. [cited 2018 Jan 21]. Available from https://www.boe.moph.go.th/ boedb/surdata /disease.php? dcontent =old&ds=37.
3. Roi Et Province Health Office. Report on the Sexually transmitted disease situation in the communicable disease surveillance system. Roi Et; 2018. (in Thai)
4. Roi Et Province Health Office. AIDS situation in Roi Et province. Roi Et; 2018. (in Thai)
5. Phon Thong Hospital. Information of sexually transmitted diseases patients. HOSxP database. Roi Et; 2018. (in Thai)
6. Phon Thong Hospital. Information on access to services for patients with AIDS. HOSxP database. Roi Et; 2018. (in Thai)
7. Rattananam S, Sangsuwa C, Nitirat P, Pisaipan P. The effect of safe-sex promoting program on knowledge and health belief toward sexual transmitted disease and unwanted pregnancy prevention among female adolescents. The Journal of Prapokklao Hospital Clinic Medical Education Center 2015; 32(4): 305-322. (in Thai)
8. Thampanichawat W, Olanratmanee B. Sex education for adolescents in school: a case study in Bangkok. Thai Journal of Nursing Council 2018; 33(3): 82-98. (in Thai)
9. Suteetornprasert P. Effects of social support programs to prevent sexual risk behaviors of adolescents in schools, Mueang Ubon Ratchathani District, Ubon Ratchathani Province. Proceedings of the National academic research conferences “Build interdisciplinary Blend Thai culture Step confidently into AC ". Ubon Ratchathani; 2016. (in Thai)
10. Sota Ch. Concepts theories and application for health behavioral development : Learning Theory. Faculty of Public Health, Khon Kaen University; 2011. (in Thai)
11. Sota Ch. Concepts theories and application for health behavioral development: Social Support. Faculty of Public Health, Khon Kaen University; 2011. (in Thai)
12. Polit DF, Hungler BP. Nursing Research: Principles and Methods. 5th ed. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott company; 1995.
13 Suttipongkait B. Health education model for a modification of sexual risk behavior in junior high school students : a case study at Angthong Pathamarotwithayakhom school, Angthong province. Master Thesis (Health Education), Kasetsart University; 2008. (in Thai)
14. Sangchart E, Duangsong R. The effects of health education program with electronic media (facebook) on skill development for adolescent pregnancy prevention among grade 7 students. Journal of the office of DPC 7 Khon Khaen 2016; 23(1): 96-104. (in Thai)
15. Farouk Mahmoud S, El-Sayed Ahmed N.M. The effect of providing educational sessions about sexually transmitted diseases on knowledge and attitudes of secondary school students at Zagazig City. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice 2018; 8(4): 16-27.
16. Yarnasarn B, Phouwattana A, Nuntamongkolchai S, Aeumeneekul N. Sexual communication skill development program by peer leader to prevent sexual risk behavior among early female adolescents. Journal of Public Health Nursing 2015; 9(1): 114-131. (in Thai)
17. Olanratmanee B, Jungsomjatepaisal W. The effect of comprehensive sex education program on knowledge and skill of condom application to model of 2nd grade high school students. Journal of Nursing Science 2017; 35(1): 48-60. (in Thai)