A Child rearing of Thai families: A Systematic Integrated Literature Reviews
Keywords:Child rearing, Thai families, Systematic Integrated Literature Reviews
The objective of this study was to systematic integrated literature reviews on child rearing of Thai families. Collected data by searching research papers during 1995 to 2015. The instrument used in this study were the research data record form and the research quality evaluation forms. There were 60 research papers that qualified according to the inclusion criteria. The findings from a systematic integrated literature reviews were 5 main issues included: “age of children”, “child caregiver”, “child rearing activities”, “family parenting styles of Thai families” and “family parenting styles that affect child development in various areas”.
1. Department of Women's Affairs and Family Development. Policy and Strategy for Family Institute
Development (2014-2021). Bangkok: The office of Ministry of Social Development and Human
Security 2013 (in Thai)
2. Report of the 2015 Thai population situation. 2015, [cited 2015 September 9]. Available from:
3. National Statistical Office. Looking at Thai families in data perspective. 2015, [cited 2015 September
9]. Available from: http://www.service.hso.go.th/
4. Phuphaibul R, Jongudomkarn D, Kumhom R, Deoisres W, Tejagupta C, Wacharasin C, and Others.
Knowledge Synthesis Report on Thai Family Status in a Changing Society: A Guideline for
Strengthening the Family. Bangkok: The Thailand Research Fund 2015. (in Thai)
5. Eun-Ok Im, Sun Ju Chang. A Systematic Integrated Literature Review of Systematic Integrated
Literature Reviews in Nursing. Journal of Nursing Education 2012; 51(11): 632-45.
6. Quality assessment tool for quantitative studies. 2015, [cited 2015 October 1]. Available from:
7. 10 questions to help you make sense of qualitative research. 2015, [cited 2015 October 1]. Available
8. Meesomsarn K. Comparison of Emotional Intelligence of Pubescent Children with Different
Parenting Styles as Perceived by Themselves. Chulalongkorn University. Bangkok.
(Thailand). Graduate School. Master. Arts (Developmental Psychology) 2001. (in Thai)
9. Kotrajaras S, Yongkittikul C. Relationship between Parenting Styles and Self-directed Behaviors of
Thai Adolescents. Proceeding of the East-West Psychological Science Research Center 2002;
2: 47-60. (in Thai)
10. Wongkongdej W. Attitude toward Help-seeking and Self-regulated Learning of Secondary School
Students. Chulalongkorn University. Bangkok. (Thailand). Graduate School. Master. Arts
(Counselling Psychology) 2004. (in Thai)
11. Prasertsin U. The Influence of the Models of Socialization upon the Internet Access of Thai
Children and Youth. Bangkok: National Research Council of Thailand 2009. (in Thai)
12. Ritthakananon P, Phumwuitthisarn P, and Sutthiwan P. Relationship between Parenting Styles and
Economic Behavior of Thai Youth. Proceeding of the East-West Psychological Science Research
Center 2003; 3: 27-38. (in Thai)
13. Koodtalang R. The Relationship between Child rearing and Honesty of Ongkharak Lower
Secondary School Students in Nakhon Nayok Province. Ramkhamhaeng University. Bangkok.
(Thailand). Graduate School. Master. Science (Developmental Psychology) 2007.
14. Maimaethee K. Relationship between Child Rearing Practices and Assertive Behaviors of Senior
High School Students. Chiang Mai University. Chiang Mai. (Thailand). Graduate School. Master.
Science (Counseling Psychology) 2006.
15. Kannika Bunyat. Influence of Parenting Styles, Sexual Communication and Parental Monitoring on
Sexual Behavior among Early Adolescents. Burapha University. Chon Buri. (Thailand). Graduate
School. Master. Nursing Science (Pediatric Nursing) 2013.
16. Bhanthumnavin D. Thai family strategies to solve social ethics crisis. NIDA Development Journal
2010; 50(3): 1-20.
17. Pinthong W. Predictability of Child Rearing Practice, Social Support by Peer Group, Sex
Information via Media and Self Control on Sexual Behavior of Adolescence. Chiang Mai University.
Chiang Mai. (Thailand). Graduate School. Master. Science (Counseling Psychology) 2006.
18. Pornpojamarn P. The Influence of Parental Child rearing Practices on Childhood Obesity in Primary
Schools in Urban Bangkok. Mahidol University. Bangkok. (Thailand). Graduate School. Master.
Science (Public Health) 2003.
19. Subpasu P.The Relationship between Parenting Styles and Risks of Depression in Early
Adolescent in Dusit District, Bangkok. Mahidol University. Bangkok. (Thailand). Graduate School.
Master. Nursing Science (Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing) 2005.
20. Deenarn A. Adolescent health: concepts & application. Bangkok: Haiden Group 2015. (in Thai)
21. Yolao D. Research Synthesis of Child rearing in Thailand using Meta analysis. Bangkok:
Srinakharinwirot University Haiden Group 1992. (in Thai)
How to Cite
The Journal of Nursing Science and Health is copyright holder of published articles. Distributions of articles published in Journal of Nursing Science and Health including online, photocopying which is not for teaching-learning purpose, publication submission elsewhere are prohibited except obtaining permission from the Journal of Nursing Science and Health.