The related factors to workplace happiness in Critical care nurse in the government university hospital
The objective of this study was to assess work happiness among nurses on critical wards in the government university hospital. Subjects in this study included 178 among nurses at critical wards in the government university hospital. Data collection was conducted using self-administered questionnaire consisted of the demographic information, the balance between working and personal life questionnaire, the family factors questionnaire, the organization factors questionnaire and the happiness at work questionnaire. The results showed that work happiness among nurses on critical wards in the government university hospital was a moderate level (Means 67.3, S.D. 6.7). The factors significantly related to the happiness at work were: level of education, marital status, job characteristics, relationship at family and workplace, job promotion, recognition and environment. Owing to nurses on critical wards encouraged factors, administrator should realize the benefits of them so as to make significantly on effective-improving operation and happiness of nursing staffs.
2. Wannapin T, Wiserith W. Happiness at work of professional nursing staffs in an autonomous university hospital. Rama Nurs J 2012;18(1):9-23.
3. Bunyawat P, Mekrungrongwong S. Factors effecting the happily working amongst health personnel working in Taphanhin District, Pichit Province. Journal of nursing science and health 2018;41(2):48-57. (In Thai)
4. Oswald AJ, Eugenio Proto, Daniel Sgroi. Happiness and productivity. J Labor Econ2015;33(4):789-822.
5. Sharon AS. S.M.I.L.E.S.1: The differentiating quotient for happiness at work [on interne].2011 [cited 2018 October 22 ]. Available from: www.happiestminds.com.
6. Mazurenko O, Gupte G, Shan G. Analyzing U.S. nurse turnover: Are nurses leaving their jobs or the profession itself? J Hosp Adm 2015;4(4):48-56.
7. Mahdi AF, Mohamad ZZ, Roslan MMr, Ahamad AS, Sulaiman AA. The relationship between job satisfaction and turnover intention. Am J Appl Sci 2012;9(9):1518-26.
8. Talasaz ZH, Saadoldin SN, Shakeri MT. The relationship between job satisfaction and job performance among midwives working in healthcare centers of mashhad, Iran. J Midwifery Reprod Health 2014;2(3):157-64.
9. Pimpaporn T, Pasunon P. Work Happiness component of operating staff in hotel business, Pattaya City. Veridian E-Journal, Silpakorn University. 2016;9(1):121-39. (In Thai)
10. Boonyachotima R, Pompol W, Pojanasit S, Thongnat O, Borrisut S. The happiness exploration of staffs in trauma and emergency nursing department, Phramongkutklao hospital. Royal Thai Army Nurses 2014;15(2):252-60. (In Thai)
11. วิจิตร ศรีสุพรรณ, กฤษดา แสวงดี. ข้อเสนอเชิงนโยบายในการแก้ปัญหาการขาดแคลนพยาบาลวิชาชีพในประเทศ.วารสารสภาการพยาบาล 2555;27 (1):1-8. (In Thai)
12. Johan S, Sarwar H, Majeed I. To Identify the causes of stress among nurses working in Intensive care unit of Ittefaq hospital Lahore. Int J Soc Sc Manage 2017;4(2):96-109.
13. Latifzadeh S, Zarea K. Occupational stress and its related factors in nurses working in intensive care units of educational hospitals in Ahwaz, Iran. Journal of Novel Applied Sciences 2015;4(4):483-7.
14. Momeni BB, Shafipour V, Esmaeili R, Charati JY. The relationship between the quality of work life and sleep in nurses at the intensive care units of teaching hospitals in Mazandaran, Iran. J. nurs. midwifery sci 2016;3(1):28-34.
15. Elisabeth Flo. Sleep and health in shift working nurses. [Dissertation for the degree philosophiae doctor] University of Bergen Norway; 2012.
16. Andreoli CP, Martino MM, Medeiros KK, Pasetti KF. Circadian rhythm of body temperature and chronotype in night shift students and workers. International Archives of Medicine Section: Psychosom Med 2017;10(50):1-8.
17. Manion J. Joy at work: Creating a positive work place. J Nurs Adm 2003;33(12):652–55.
18. Napatchon R. Factors influence on happiness at work among personnel in north– eastern regional health promotion center [Master of Public Health Program] Nakorn Pathom : Mahidol university; 2007.
19. Burarakumvadee N, Sripunyavutisuk Y, Sunsern R. Factors affecting work happiness in nurse of Nakhon Nayok hospital. J Nurs Educ 2008;1(3):63-77.
20. Sukcharoen Y, Klumrat K. Factors related to the job performance competency among registered nurses in sub-district health promotion hospitals, Nakhon Pathom Province. Princes of Naradhiwas University journal of Humanitics and social sciences 2012;2(2):14-26. (In Thai)
21. Jintanawalee N. Happiness at work among the professional nurses in hospital Changwat Samutsakorn. [Thesis] Nakhon Pathom: Silpakorn University;2010. (In Thai)
22. Khunphet S, Binyala H. Factors associated with happiness in working of professional nurses in operating room at Tertiary hospital of Southern Thailand. Princes of Naradhiwas University journal of Humanitics and social sciences 2560;4(2):69-80. (in Thai)
Copyright (c) 2019 Journal of Nursing Science and Health
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
The Journal of Nursing Science and Health is copyright holder of published articles. Distributions of articles published in Journal of Nursing Science and Health including online, photocopying which is not for teaching-learning purpose, publication submission elsewhere are prohibited except obtaining permission from the Journal of Nursing Science and Health.