Main Article Content
The concept of reflective practice has become an important curriculum in nursing education. Recent developments in reflective practice in nursing have been influenced by the necessity to develop awareness in nursing students and encourage the student to become a thoughtful individual. Reflection in nursing needs has been explored both as a technique and purposeful inter-subjective process. The research detailed below investigates nursing student’s reflective thinking that are gained from the phase 1 nurse practicum: Methods discussed in the paper demonstrates some of the key challenges for the nurse educator in strategizing and incorporating reflective practice in nursing curriculum. Developing an instructional model to enhance reflective thinking in nursing students is critical to their successful career.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
2. Joyce B, Weil M. Model of teaching. 6th ed. Boston: Allyn and bacon; 2000.
3. Kemmis S, McTaggart M, Nixone R. The action research planner doing critical participatory action research: Springer; 2013.
4. Linda C..Innovations in nursing education: Building the future of nursing. The United
States: Karin Duffield Composition: Aptara, Inc; 2014.
5. Sherwood GD, Deutsch SH. Reflection practice transforming education and improving
outcomes. 1st ed. USA: Renee wilmeth publisher; 2012.
6. Stevens DD, Cooper JD. Journal keeping how to use reflective writing for learning,
teaching, professional insight, and positive change.virginia: Stylbus publishing,
7. Gibbs G..Learning by doing: A guide to teaching and learning methods. Oxford; 1988.
8. Zeichner KM. REFLECTIVE TEACHING An Introduction. 2nd ed. New York: 2 Park
Square, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon OX 14 4RN; 2014.
9. Plack MM, Driscoll M, Blissett S, Mckenna R. A method for Assessing reflective
journal writing. Journal of Allied Health; Winter.2005:.vol 34(4); 199-208.
10. Plack MM. Santasier A. A method model presentation reflective practice: A model for
facilitating critical thinking skills within an integrative case study classroom experience.
Journal of Physical Therapy Education. 2004: vol18(1);. 4-12.
11. Freshwater D, Taylor BJ. International textbook of reflective practice in nursing.
USA; Blackwell publishing. 2008.
12. Greenfield B. et al. Reflective narratives by physical therapist students on their early
clinical experiences: A deductive and inductive approach. Journal of Physical Therapy
Education. 2015: vol 29(2); 21-31.
13. Gregson M, Nixon L, Pollard A, Spedding T. Readings for reflective teaching in
further, adult and vocational education. 1sted. Great britain: bloomsbury academic an
print of bloomsbury publishing plc; 2015
14. Kemp JE, Morrison GR,Rose SM. Designing effective Instruction. 2nd ed. Columbus:
15. Lethbridge K, et al.Structural and psychological empowerment and reflective
thinking: is there a link. Journal of Nursing Education. 2011:. vol50(11); 636-645.
16. Tsang Ak. Oral health students as reflective practitioners: changing pattern of student
clinical reflections over a period of 12 Months. The Journal of Dental Hygiene. 2012: