Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word file format (.doc/.docx).
- All illustrations, figures, and tables are placed at the end in the seperate sheet.
- The format and bibliography adhere to the requirements provided in Author Guidelines.
- Special Article
These articles are invited by Editor-in-Chief, written in Thai or English, and structured as follows: Introduction, Main text, Conclusion and References
- Original Article
Original article reveals the research results regarding health sciences and alternative medicines.
- Review Article
Review article aggregates acknowledge from the journals or books.
- Short Report
Short report may be a preliminary study, short communication, case report or new emerging diseases.
- Letter to the editor
This is for a communication between scholars or readers to the authors who published their papers in this journal.
All contents of the manuscript should not be presented the author’s information due to blind review process. The topics are written in the manuscript as following:
Thai language manuscript should provide both Thai and English concise title. Each language should not exceed 50 letters
Thai language manuscript should provide both Thai and English abstract which includes introduction, methodology, results and conclusion. It should be written concisely (each language should not exceed 300 words)
Thai language manuscript should provide both Thai and English keywords. Each language does not exceed 5 words, are put at the end of the abstract for the reason of doing subject index. Key words should be in Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) terms of U.S National Library of Medicine.
- Body Text
Includes Introduction, Methodology which should detail materials or participants, ethical approval, clinical trial registration number (if any), methods, and statistical and data analysis, results, review contents, discussion and criticism, conclusion, acknowledgements (if any) and references. Total length of the body from abstract to conclusion does not exceed 4,000 words for original and review article and do not exceed 2,000 words for others
A cover letter must accompany with the manuscript, and it must contain the following elements. Please provide these elements in the order listed as
- Title (Thai /English)
- Name of the corresponding author, affiliation, address, telephone number, fax number and E-mail address
- Names of all other co-authors and affiliation
Manuscript file format
We request to submit manuscript in Microsoft Word format (.DOC or .DOCX). If you are using another word processor, please save final version of the manuscript (using 'Save As' option of the file menu) as a Word document. In this case please double check that the saved file can be opened in Microsoft Word. We cannot accept Acrobat .PDF or any other text files.
Before submission the new manuscript authors should consider the following general rules for preparation of the manuscript. Please read these instructions carefully and follow the guidelines strictly.
- Manuscripts must be typed on A4 (210 × 297 mm) paper, double-spaced throughout and with ample margins of at least 2.5 cm. All pages must be numbered consecutively. Starting with the title page as page 1, is to be arranged in the following order: abstract, brief introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, acknowledgements and references.
- Fonts: Thai manuscript uses “Angsana New” 16-point size, English manuscript uses “Times or Times New Roman” 12-point size only (other sizes as specified), and Symbol font for mathematical symbols (in the text and in the figures).
- Justification should be set to full (or left only, if preferred). Do not underline: Use italics, bold or bold italics instead and line spacing should be set at 2 (Double).
Tables, figures & illustrations
- Tables figures & illustrations are numbered independently, in the sequence in which you refer to them in the text, starting with Figure 1 or Table 1. If you change the presentation sequence of the figures and tables in revision, you must renumber them to reflect the new sequence.
- Each Tables, figures & illustrations included in the paper must be referred to from the text.
- Each Tables, figures & illustrations should be presented on a separate page of the manuscript. It should be numbered separately, in the sequence that they are mentioned in the text, with a brief and self-explanatory title.
- Tables, figures & illustrations must be in sharp and high resolution. Figures & illustrations should be saved in a neutral data format such as JPEG.
The list of references appears at the end of your work and gives the full details of everything that you have used, according to same chronological order as cited in the text. Must be follow “Vancouver Style” by number all references, arrange your list in the order in which the references appear in your text. If there are more than 3 authors, list the first 3 authors followed by “et al.”. If the paper the authors cited is queued for publication and not provided issue and pages, the identification of “In press” or Digital Object Identifier (DOI) should be written. Journal’s name should be abbreviated (If available) based on U.S Nation Library of Medicine or website. Thesis is not acceptable.
Manuscript Submission and Suggesting for Review Process
Authors who wish to submit a manuscript to J Health Sci Altern Med need to register on the Journal of Health Science and Alternative Medicine
(Register) before starting online submission.
2. Review process
After submission, manuscripts are first reviewed by Journal’s staff. Unacceptable languages manuscript, incorrect formatting will be return to author for correction before transmission to the editorial board.
At least 2 independent reviewers of relevant experts were carefully selected by the section editor to be considered for the publication.
We are avoided list of only internal reviewer. Acceptable manuscript will be examined by section editor and editor-in-chief, either accepted or rejected without review will be examined by editor-in-chief.
3. Final proof corrections
Follow these guidelines when reviewing the proofs:
Mark your corrections, in red ink, directly on the proofs. Make sure that your corrections are noticeable and easy to understand.
Check all type on the proofs. Check the title, the abbreviations list, and the author paper documentation.
Check the table data against that in your original tables.
Check any equations against those in your original manuscript. Make sure special characters have not dropped out.
Check to be sure that figures are entirely legible, including any small-print text.
Next step in the publication process is to submit final checked proof. Take the following steps to provide the final proof corrections:
Scan only those pages marked with corrections.
Save each scanned page in PDF or JPG format.
Submit all scanned pages via system or e-mail email@example.com
Please return the checked proofs within 72 hours of receipt. Late return of proofs may mean postponement to a later issue.
School of Health Science, Mae Fah Luang University. All rights reserved.