Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word file format (.doc/.docx).
- All illustrations, figures, and tables are placed at the end in the seperate sheet.
- The format and bibliography adhere to the requirements provided in Author Guidelines.
2. Original Article: An original article in the field of public health, medicine, occupational health, environmental health, physical therapy, sport science, alternative medicine, and nurse are invited to submit and publish in the journal. Only manuscripts that never published, trong methodology, and presentation of their findings in the completely scientific approach, are considered to be published in the journal.
3.Review Article: All systematic review articles are also invited to submit and considered to be published if they meet the quality which is assessed by the reviewers.
4. Short Report: A short report including a case study is also considered to be published in the journal if it meets the quality of the journal.
A manuscript is required the following topics;
Title: The title should not exceed 50 words
Abstract : The abstract should be presented; Introduction, Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion. The total word, it is no more than 300 words.
Keyword: There is no more than 5 keywords
Main text: The main text of a manuscript should be presented in the standard styles; Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, Reference. For the original article, there is no more than 4,000 words, while a 2,000 word is limited for review articles and short reports.
Cover letter : A cover letter must be attached with the manuscript with the following information;
- Name of the corresponding author, affiliation, address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address
- Names of all authors and affiliation
Manuscript file format: All authors are requested to submit manuscript in Microsoft Word format (.DOC or .DOCX). If you are using another word processor, please save the final version of the manuscript (using 'Save As' option of the file menu) as a word document. In this case, please double check that the saved file can be opened in Microsoft Word. We cannot accept Acrobat .PDF or any other files.
Font styles: Before submission a new manuscript, authors are suggested to follow the following guideline;
a) A manuscript must be typed on A4 (210 × 297 mm) paper, double-spaced with ample margins of at least 2.5 cm, and all pages must be numbered consecutively. The sequence is; Abstract, Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgements, References.
b) Times or Times New Roman with 12-point size only (other sizes as specified) is accepted. All mathematical symbols and other scientist symbols are required the standard in the field.
Tables, figures & illustrations
a) Tables figures & illustrations are numbered independently, in the sequence in which you refer to them in the text, starting with Figure 1 or Table 1.
b) All tables, figures & illustrations included in the manuscript, it must be referred to from the text.
c) Tables, figures & illustrations should be prepared on a separate page of the manuscript.
d) Tables, figures & illustrations must be a high standard to avoid poor quality while it is presented in the final paper. All figures & illustrations should be saved in a neutral data format such as JPEG.
References: The list of the references should be appeared at the section of a manuscript. The vancouver style is used and recommended.
All accepted papers will be provided the Digital Object Identifier (DOI).
Manuscript submission and review process
1. Register: Authors are suggested to register to the Journal of Health Science and Alternative Medicine before being able to start submitting a manuscript at the journal submission portal (Register).
2. Review process: After submission, manuscripts are automatically screened the plagiarism by the journal submission system. A manuscript presented with a high rate of plagiarism, it is considered to be rejected immediately. A manuscript without plagiarism problem, it will be reviewed by the journal's administration staff whether it meets the journal standard language and format. A manuscript with these problems will be returned to the author for improvement before transferring to the editorial board. At least 2 independent reviewers who are relevant experts are carefully selected by the section editor. Reviewers consisted of one or two editorial members, and one or two invited external reviewers to consider the quality of the manuscript. Two to four weeks are required for the review process. Once the comments from all reviewers are obtained, authors will be informed of the result and comments. Authors are requested to complete and respond to the comments by 2-4 weeks. All returned manuscripts are made the final decision by the editor-in-chief.
3. Final proof corrections: Please follow the guidelines when you review the final proof:
Please mark your corrections by colored red in words or sentences, and please make sure that your corrections are noticeable and easy to understand.
Please double-check all whole manuscripts including title, authors' information.
Please double check information in your tables and figures, they should consist of the main text.
Please double-check equations presented in the manuscript that would meet the standard in the field.
Please double-check to be sure that figures are entirely legal.
Please return the final proofs by 72 hours after getting the final informed decision.
School of Health Science, Mae Fah Luang University. All rights reserved.