Main Article Content
This study is a mixed method. The objective is to study the attitude towards nursing profession of nursing students at Ramathibodi School of Nursing. The sample consisted of 350 from 1st - 4th year nursing students. The tools used for quantitative data were Attitude test towards nursing profession. The tool reliability was checked by using Cronbach’s alpha coefficient of 0.812 and tools used to collect qualitative data are nursing professional attitudes. Analyze the data by calculating the average value. Standard deviation, F-test and comparison of the mean scores by Scheffé’s method.
The results of the research showed that Nursing student perspectives at Ramathibodi School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi School of Nursing towards the attitude towards professional nurses in the 21st century is at a good level ( = 3.95, SD = .30). The 3rd year nursing students had the highest mean score of attitude towards nursing profession ( = 4.05, SD = .32). Analysis for comparing the average score of the attitude towards the nursing profession between the 1st - 4th year nursing students found that nursing students had different attitudes towards the nursing profession. Statistical significance at the level of .05 and found that the first year nursing students had different attitudes towards the nursing profession and the second and third year nursing students with statistical significance at the .05 level.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
บทความหรือข้อคิดเห็นใดใดที่ปรากฏในวารสารพยาบาลทหารบกเป็นวรรณกรรมของผู้เขียน ซึ่งบรรณาธิการหรือสมาคมพยาบาลทหารบก ไม่จำเป็นต้องเห็นด้วย
The ideas and opinions expressed in the Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses are those of the authors and not necessarily those
of the editor or Royal Thai Army Nurses Association.
2. Onsri P.The Attitude Toward Nursing Profession among The Generation Z Population: The Secondary School Case Study. Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses. 2017; 18(3): 170-179. (In Thai)
3. Duane P, Schultz S, Ellen S. Theories of Personality. 8th ed. USA: Nelson Education; 2015.
4. Jerry M. Personality. 9th ed. USA: Nelson Education; 2015.
5. Chansakul S. The Relationship Between Attitude Toward Nursing Profession, Factors Affecting Intention and The Nursing Professional Intention of Nurse Students in Eastern Asia University. Journal of Siam University. 2018; 37(19): 119-134. (In Thai)
6. Onsri P. The Relationship between Selected Factor and Ethical Attributes of Professional Nurses Based on the Client Perception. Royal Thai Army Medical Journal. 2013; 66(2): 59-67. (In Thai)
7. Rungruang K, Polsingchan S, Phuvipadawat S. Factor Affecting The Nursing Professional Intention Of Nursing Students In College Of Nursing Under The Ministry of Public Health. 2013; 6(3): 119-127. (In Thai)
8. Creswell JW. A concise introduction to mixed methods research. Thousand Oaks CA: Sage Publications; 2015.
9. Chalakbang W. Mixed Methods Research. Journal Phanom University. 2017; 6(1): 124-132. (In Thai)
10. Bluman AG. Elementary Statistics - A Step by Step Approach. 8th ed. Boston: McGraw-Hill; 2011.