Relationships between Social Support and Quality of Life in Schizophrenia Patients
Keywords:Social Support, Quality of Life, Schizophrenia Patients
This aims were to study correlation and to predict about social support and quality of Life in Schizophrenia Patients .This samples were 400 patients using questionnaires by Muti-stage random Sampling. They were tested for content validity by 3 experts. The data were analyzed using the percentage, means, standard deviations, ,Pearson’s product moment correlation and Stepwise Multiple Regression. Result revealed that : social support at a moderate level ( = 81.87, S.D = 8.03) The social support was positively related to the quality of life schizophrenic patients. (r = .579) Factors significantly predicted quality of life schizophrenic patients were emotional, social support, information, participation at the .01 Predicted quality of life schizophrenia patients (raw scores) were Y⁄ = 52.565+.920x1+ 1.213x5 + .683x3 Results indicate that healthcare team should develop program or activities to provide social support
for schizophrenic patients to increase quality of life.
2. Lòr dtrà-goon M. (Editor). (Psychiatry). Ramathibodi. Bangkok: Chanpim ; 2012. (in Thai)
3. Department of Mental Health. Report in Patients Admit at Psychiatric Hospital ; 2015. (in Thai)
4. Panongwang P. Statistic Annual Report. Srithanya Hospital. Nontaburi ; 2017. (in Thai)
5. Rungtagol S. Psychiatric Text book. (Edition 7). Bangkok: Runkawge printed ; 2002. (in Thai)
6. Hongtiyanon T. Psychiatric Nursing in Thailand 4.0 Era, Suan Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University printed. Bangkok, Thailand ; 2018. (in Thai)
7. Ian Mathew; Tova M. Gardin, Matcheri S. Keshavan et al. Medial Temporal Lobe Structures and Hippocampal Subfields in Psychotic Disorders
Findings From the Bipolar-Schizophrenia Network on Intermediate Phenotypes (B-SNIP) Study. JAMA Psychiatry. 2014 ;71(7):769-777.
8. Department of Mental Health.(WHOQOL–BREF–THAI). Nontaburi .Press ;2017. (in Thai)
9. Cobb, S. Social support as a moderator of life stress. Psychosomatic Medicine, (1976); 38(5), 300-314.
10. Schaefer, C., J. Coyne, and R. S. Lazarus.. “The health-related functions of social support.” Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 1981; 4 (4) : 381-406.
11. Jacobson, D. E. Types and timing of social support. Journal of Health Social Behavior, 1986 ; 27, 250-264.
12. Shaun M. Eack and Christina E. Newhill. Psychiatric Symptoms and Quality of Life in Schizophrenia: A Meta-Analysis. Schizophr Bull: 2007;Sep; 33(5): 1225–1237. 2007.
13. Hongtiyanon T. Factor related to Social Support and Quality of Life in Schizophrenia Patients In Udonthani Hospital. Udonthani Press ; 2015. (in Thai)
14. Wongpanarak N, Wongpiriyayothar A. Relationships Between Self-Esteem, Social Support, and Quality of Life Among Persons with Disabilities
in Urban Area. Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses Volume 16 No.3 (Sep - Dec) 2015 : p14-24. (in Thai).
15. Yamanae, Taro. Statistics: An Introductory Analysis. London: John Weather Hill, Inc. 1973.
16. The WHOQOL Group. WHOQOL-BREF introduction, administration, scoring and generic version of assessment, field trail version. Geneva: WHO.
17. Kolyanee A. Selected Factor relating to Quality of Life among Caregiving for Patients with Schizophrenia at home. Journal of the Police Nurse Vol7 No 1 January-June 2015 : p 128-138 ; 2014. (in Thai).
18. Siripitayakunkit A .Social Support: An Important Factor to Care for Persons with Diabetes Mellitus. Rama Nurse May - August 2010 Vol 16 No 2 (2013). 314-322 ; 2013. (in Thai)
19. Chaleoykitti S, Chewsothon S, Butpunya Y. Effectiveness of the Integrated Academic service and Teaching-Learning arrangement in Psychiatric Nursing Practicum Course to Psychiatric practice competency Nursing in Army Nursing. (2017) : 150. The Royal Thai Army Nursing College. 2017; 18 (3 ) : 144-151.
20. Jean, C., Raymomd, T, Ce’line, M. & Pierre, L. Quality of life of severely mentally Ill individuals: A comparative study. Community Mental Health Journal: 2013; 34 (5). 477-485.
21. Huang C, Tai F, Chou T, Lien H. Quality of life of inguinal hernia patients in Taiwan: The application of the hernia-specific quality of life assessment instrument. 2017; 12(8): e0183138. 2017. (Asia).
22. Finfgeld-Connett, D. Clarification of social support. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 2015; 37 (1), 4-9 ; 2005.
23. Boonthad K, Aurnpngpisat S. Social Support in Schizophrenia Patients. The Psychiatric association of Thailand ; 2011. (in Thai).
24. Hongtiyanon T. Model of Community Care for Persons who Mental Illness in Nontaburi Province. Nontaburi ; 2014. (in Thai).
How to Cite
บทความหรือข้อคิดเห็นใดใดที่ปรากฏในวารสารพยาบาลทหารบกเป็นวรรณกรรมของผู้เขียน ซึ่งบรรณาธิการหรือสมาคมพยาบาลทหารบก ไม่จำเป็นต้องเห็นด้วย
The ideas and opinions expressed in the Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses are those of the authors and not necessarily those
of the editor or Royal Thai Army Nurses Association.