Kuakarun Journal of Nursing has established the ethics for publication of research articles and academic articles detailed as follows:
The editor is responsible for all the content published in Kuakarun Journal of Nursing. Attempting to respond to the needs of readers and authors, the editor constantly examines the quality of the content that is published and updates the journal regularly while promoting freedom of academic expression and preserving the accuracy of academic works. The intellectual property is protected with no involvement with or response to commercial business needs. The editor is gladly open to publish the revision, additional details for better clarity, revocation and apologies, if necessary.
Editor's responsibilities to the authors
The editor verifies the quality of the article submitted for publication. The content of each and every article will be thoroughly examined, which must be consistent with the objectives and policies of the journal. The editor selects 2 experts in the nursing realm, specialized in the content and research methodology, and statistics, or one of these branches of expertise, for the evaluation of 1 article.
In the case that the author is an external person. The experts selected to be the appraisers of the articles may be internal or external persons who are neither related to the author, nor the appraisers from the same organization as the author.
In the case that the author is a person within Kuakarun Faculty of Nursing. The experts selected as the appraisers of the article must only be the 2 external experts in order to avoid or prevent conflicts of interest (COI). The editor will consider selecting the experts according to their specialization; one of the experts specialized in the content and the other in research methodology, or the experts specialized in both research content and methodology.
The experts conduct the assessment via online journals or email, or by the dispatcher. The article evaluation process is a crucial step in controlling the quality of the article to be published in the journal. The assessment is double blinded; concealing the author's name and the assessor's name. In this step, the code is used instead to increase transparency and prevent conflicts of interest (COI). Once the experts have evaluated the quality of the articles and suggestions are made, the revision will be returned to the editor, who will collect comments and suggestions which may result in the request for additional aspects. The draft will then be sent to the author for editing, during which process the author may make queries and make comments in the online journal system, email, or telephone to the editor at the telephone number provided.
Naturally, the editor will not reverse the decision whether to accept or reject the publication of the article previously made. However, if it is proven that serious problems may arise, the editor may not hold the decision of such acceptance or refusal of that publication.
The responsibilities of the authors. The author must be aware of:
- Redundancy of publication: the articles submitted to be published must have never been published or distributed before, and must not be pending on the consideration by other journals
- Plagiarism: the author must not copy the work of others and the cited information must be referenced in the content of the article.
- Facts arising from research studies: the author must not falsify or distort the information.
- Adhering process and procedures of the journal to assure the quality of the content submitted to be published.
- Morality and research ethics: for every research article submitted for consideration to be published in Kuakarun Journal of Nursing, the author is required to submit a document for the approval of the Ethics for Human Research (IRB) from the Ethics Committee governing the research of the author in order to confirm the ethics which is the protection of those involved in the research.
The responsibilities of the experts assessing the article. The experts are aware of:
- Their expertise, knowledge and understanding of the content of the article entrusted to them for evaluation.
- The quality of the article is essential; the article will be considered under academic principles without bias.
- The public interest, and not pursuing benefits from the academic work that they assess.
- Plagiarism: the articles evaluated will be closely examined. If plagiarism is detected, the article appraisers must notify the editor immediately.
- The time period for evaluating the article: the evaluator will carry out their duty within the specified time frame.
- Confidentiality must be adhered to the evaluated article. The content of the article must not be disclosed.
The editor is open to written complaints, and the result of the consideration will be notified to the complainant within 1 month after receiving the complaint. However, if the complainant does not receive an explanation within the specified period, the complainant may submit a complaint to the Kuakarun Nursing Committee. The process of consideration shall be in accordance with the Commission's regulations.
Publishing suggestions proposed by readers
The editor of the journal welcomes constructive suggestions from readers, which may be published in Kuakarun Journal of Nursing.
Policies and conduct of research ethics of Kuakarun Journal of Nursing
Research articles or academic articles to be published in Kuakarun Journal of Nursing will be examined for plagiarism before publication, detailed as follows:
- In the case of the submission of articles via the online system, if plagiarism is detected, the editor is entitled to cancel the entry of the process.
- In the case that plagiarism is detected by the peer reviewers, the editorial board will resolve to cancel the publication and reserve the right to appeal of the author.
- The list of references used in research articles or academic papers must not be older than 10 years. An exception can be made for theory in that field of science, which can be referenced as appropriate.