SERVICE QUALITY OF LAO NATIONAL SWIMMING
The purpose of this study was to examine the expected and the observed service quality of the Lao National Swimming Pool. The research methodology included the evaluation of the services provided at the swimming pool based on the marketing mixed (7P’s) concept, literature review of previous reports, the instruments used in this study were semi-structure and a survey on service quality. The five key informants were interviewed and 400 pool customers participated in this study. The data was analyzed by means (X ̅) and Standard deviation (S.D.) and also analyze the gaps of the expected quality and observed quality in the swimming pool at the Lao National Stadium with. Descriptive statistics including means (X ̅) and Standard deviation (S.D.) and Modified Priority Needs Index (PNImodified) were used for the analysis. A majority of the samples (61.3%) were male and almost half (49.5%) of the samples used the pool 1-2 times a week. The samples were not satisfied with the service quality provided at the pool as there was a large gap of between the expected and the observed service quality. Based on the results from the PNI modified, three aspects of service should receive top priority when improving the pool services. These services included activity promotion, (PNI =0.42), price setting and the activities offered (PNI=0.31), and pool facility. (PNI=0.29).
(Journal of Sports Science and Technology 2020; 20(1): 20-35)
(Received: 23 July 2019, Revised: 14 January 2020, Accepted: 6 February 2020 (System accepted: 20 February 2020))
Keywords: Laos/ Service Quality/ Marketing Mixes/ SERVQUAL/ Swimming Pool.
*Corresponding author: Bounthanom VONGPHACHANH
Faculty of Sport Science, Burapha University, Chonburi, THAILAND, 20131.
2015-2016. Vientiane Capital. Lao National Stadium Department of Advanced Sports, Ministry of Education and Sports; 2015.
2. Kotler, P., & Armstrong, G. Principles of marketing. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall; 1997.
3. Napaporn Tassanaiana. Research on the strategy management of commercial badminton courts.
Chon Buri: Faculty of Sport Science Burapa University; 2016
4. Seri Wong Monta. Analysis on consumer behavior. Bangkok: Diamond in Business World; 1999.
5. Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., & Berry, L. L. Delivering quality service balancing customer perceptions
and expectations. New York: Collier Macmillan; 1990.
6. Napaporn Tassanaiana. Research on the strategy management of commercial badminton courts,
Faculty of Sport Science Burapa University. Chon Buri; 2013.
7. Cochran, W.G. Sampling Techniques. New York: John Wiley and Sons Inc; 1963.
8. Kalaya Wanichbancha. Statistics for Research (2nded). Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University; 2006.
9. Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., & Berry, L. L. Servqual: A multiple-item scale for measuring consumer
perceptions of service quality. Journal of Retailing 1988;64(1): 12-40.
10. National Research Council of Thailand. Textbook on training course. “Researcher”. Bangkok: Research
Training Group. National Research Council of Thailand (WG.); 2004.
11. Luan Saiyot and Angkana Saiyot. Educational Research Techniques (4thed). Bangkok:
12. Best, J. W. I. (3rded.). Research in Education. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice Hall; 1977.
13. Apinya Sri Mahaprom. Guidelines on improving the quality of Sport Facilities and Health.
Suranaree University of Technology. Master Thesis of Science. Exercise Science and Sports. Faculty of Sport Science, Burapa University; 2018.
14. Chittinan Dekupta. Psychology Services. Nonthaburi: Press of University Sukhothai
15. Wasana Boudpho. Expectation on cognitive and satisfaction in the mixed strategy of marketing
service for the customer in body exercise administrative, Chonburi. Master Thesis of Science. Exercise Science and Sports. Faculty of Sport Science. College.
Burapa University; 2006.
16. Krisada Thampadit. The Expectation and Reality of services for members. Chulalongkorn
University Sports Center. Master Thesis of Science. Exercise Science and Sports. Faculty of Sport Sciences. Burapa University; 2008.
17. Gronroos, C. Service quality: The six criteria of good service quality. Review of Business 1988;8(3):10-12.
18. Rakchanok Manirat. Tourists' views on the facilities management services and Services at Thung
Salaeng Luang National Park, Phitsanulok and Phetchaboon. Master Thesis on Public Administration. Master Program on Public Administration. College,
Phranakhon Rajabhat University; 2007.